Sign in to follow this  
OCMVP

Woodford = 2 medalists?

I agree the competition is good for our state.  The problem with Woodford is their youth/middle school program, which at one time was one of only a handful in the state, has steadily gone down.  At the same time other programs are starting them and therefore getting better.  Woodford's decline and other programs rise has been happening at the same time, not just one or the other.

Unless you know the inner workings of the Woodford program I think your opinion is just speculation.  And I don't care about all the "results speak for themselves since Parks left" crap.  Coach Parks did a great job and I have the utmost respect for him but all involved with Woodford in really almost any form know that Joe Carr Sr. is the man and always has been.

What exacly am I speculating about?

I made statements.  The high school coach is responsible for all teams below the high school team.  Be it middle school or elementary school.

The same goes for other sports.  How do you think Highlands continues to crank out football state champions.  The head high school coach guides the middle school and youth programs on what plays to use.  Not speculation, it is what good coaches and programs do. 

If the Youth or middle school programs are having problems then it is the high school coach who must solve this problem.  Even if it means to go to the Athletic Director or higher to get the change done.

And once again I believe that Joe Carr Sr. is a great mat coach.  But he has not got the job done. And believe it or not the proof is in the pudding.

Tubby Smith was/is a great college basketball coach, but could not get it done to the level that UK wanted.  (his weakness was in recruiting).  Eventually he had to go. He didn't get the job done.  In the end that is all that matters, getting the job done. And when Rusty Parks was there, the job got done.

Once again.

These are the opinions of GOO nothing more nothing less.

GOO out.