Sign in to follow this  
refdad

middle school state rescheduled?

Can anyone confirm if there is a plan in the works to reschedule? Its certainly unfortunate if it has to be next weekend due to high school regionals but this is all about Middle School State Championships. I have read several solutions for next year and to follow but what is in the works for this year?

Don't reschedule! The kids aren't babies & there are no scholarships riding on it. My son is done for the season & says he will not be wrestling for high school. My youngest son  moving up from youth to middle school has already expressed that he is done after this year. It's a shame, they read the posts on here & form their own opinions of what adults think about each other & how to run a scholastic sport that is supposed to build character, integrity, mind & body.

If you reschedule it you know there will be more people bashing the location, date, time and what ever they can think of to make you feel bad or small or stupid than people in support. Don't torture yourselves.

There is no right answer for this one so do not break what is broken anymore. Reflect on the season & all that went right & wrong, have the meetings & fix the problem.

Good luck in the future, I'm done.....I think 

Don't reschedule! The kids aren't babies & there are no scholarships riding on it. My son is done for the season & says he will not be wrestling for high school. My youngest son  moving up from youth to middle school has already expressed that he is done after this year. It's a shame, they read the posts on here & form their own opinions of what adults think about each other & how to run a scholastic sport that is supposed to build character, integrity, mind & body.

If you reschedule it you know there will be more people bashing the location, date, time and what ever they can think of to make you feel bad or small or stupid than people in support. Don't torture yourselves.

There is no right answer for this one so do not break what is broken anymore. Reflect on the season & all that went right & wrong, have the meetings & fix the problem.

Good luck in the future, I'm done.....I think

frank, you cant be serious. you are normally one of the more sensable individuals on this site. i like to think of you as "sensible frank".  have you been drinking? fighting with the wife? abducted by aliens? or just plain tired of the fighting. the latter i can understand. but to say your kids are quitting wrestling because of what they read on this forum is nuts. come on man, get back up lick your wounds and rethink your statement. it sounds like you personally dont feel like making adjustments to your future schedule for the state tournament, but i gotta think based upon your normal passion you display for this sport that you cant really mean its ok not to reschedule.

frank, you cant be serious. you are normally one of the more sensable individuals on this site. i like to think of you as "sensible frank".  have you been drinking? fighting with the wife? abducted by aliens? or just plain tired of the fighting. the latter i can understand. but to say your kids are quitting wrestling because of what they read on this forum is nuts. come on man, get back up lick your wounds and rethink your statement. it sounds like you personally dont feel like making adjustments to your future schedule for the state tournament, but i gotta think based upon your normal passion you display for this sport that you cant really mean its ok not to reschedule.

Something tells me his post was tongue-in-cheek. I could be wrong, though.

floridafan,

Thanks for the kind words. I meant that it is a shame that they do not want to return next season. I would love nothing more than to see my sons & other kids that I have watched grow up in this sport compete for the state titles. My boy is in the 8th grade & had his best season in middle school this year. We stayed in E-Town after getting a call about twenty miles from our hotel telling us that it was cancelled. I did not feel like driving 120+ miles back home. We spent last night swimming & reading the posts that everyone made. I agreed with some & others were absurd. My kids were disturbed by some & a little disappointed by the cancellation. I've worked hard over the years as an advocate for this sport & I've been through a lot this season & some of it was negative. I found out who my true friends were. My perspective is a little different now. I won't get into details but this was the last straw for me. Based on all possible scenarios that have been mentioned, it doesn't seem like a feasible solution is possible. Every possible solution will have an equal amount of people saying it is the stupidest thing & it only benefits a certain group or they want secede from statehood or something. I worry about how I will feel about a weekday tournament. That would not work for a lot of people. I know I'm not the only one who is sacrificing for the kids but I have to think about the family as a whole. I don't want to go broke on hotel rooms for phantom events. My money is better spent on more important things than lodging. We have elementary state soon & that is another hotel room & just as important to me as middle school. My boys are already champions to me just for spending the past six & seven years doing it. I think what I am saying is sensible enough. We all have priorities, mine are different than they were last season. I still love the sport just lower on my priority list.

LOL! I think it's funny reading some of these dramatic posts! LOL! When I got the call that State was canceled Friday afternoon, of course I was disappointed, but by no means did it make me or my Son feel like we were finished with the sport for the season! When I told my Son that it was gonna be postponed it didn't really bother him. His attitude was to just let him know when and where and he's ready to wrestle! Frankly, I feel the same way. I'm sorry it didn't happen this weekend, but we love the sport enough that we're just looking forward to when it's time to hit the mat!