Sign in to follow this  
stanmms

Middle School State Venue

The Frankfort Civic Center is rented for the week of State already for at least the next two years.  Hold the Youth on Monday, Middle on Tues/Wed., High School the rest of the week as normal.

This takes control of the event out of the hands of an individual school system, allows multiple teams to make money for their programs instead of (1), and brings all levels of competition together for one big show.

The Youth association allows different teams to be the host team each year.  That team is responsible for recruiting tableworkers, hiring refs, setting up the tournament and running the tournament under the supervision of the board.  This allows different teams to make money for their program every year.  Enough money to fund most programs for several years.

The Frankfort Civic Center is rented for the week of State already for at least the next two years.  Hold the Youth on Monday, Middle on Tues/Wed., High School the rest of the week as normal.

This takes control of the event out of the hands of an individual school system, allows multiple teams to make money for their programs instead of (1), and brings all levels of competition together for one big show.

The Youth association allows different teams to be the host team each year.  That team is responsible for recruiting tableworkers, hiring refs, setting up the tournament and running the tournament under the supervision of the board.  This allows different teams to make money for their program every year.  Enough money to fund most programs for several years.

stan, first off nice job on locking up the civic center for youth, you are obviously a couple years ahead in your thinking over the middle school board. secondly, this is a great solution to the problem if in fact the civic center is already rented for the week. i believe i was told you are the one who locked this up for the youth, if so would you communicate your idea to the middle school wrestling board. my only thought i would offer for consideration is to wrestle the first night of middle school in the evening so the middle school kids who wrestle high school would only miss three days of school instead of four. thanks for your out of the box thinking you have brought to the state.

Great idea Stan...the only problem I see is kids missing school...personally I think alot of these attendance policies in the schools are silly...if we could work out something with the school systems on attendance this would be great

Like the venue, but do not like the youth being during the week at all.  There is no good reason----other than the desire to be in Frankfort-----for this tournament to not be on the weekend.

I appreciate your efforts Stan-----always a fan of long term planning.  But must say, in this case, I am not a fan of the grade school kids missing school for a sports tournament.

Like the venue, but do not like the youth being during the week at all.  There is no good reason----other than the desire to be in Frankfort-----for this tournament to not be on the weekend.

I appreciate your efforts Stan-----always a fan of long term planning.  But must say, in this case, I am not a fan of the grade school kids missing school for a sports tournament.

I do think running the Youth on Sunday after the High School (just like this year) would be best.

I think purposely planning anything on sunday adversely impacts famlies that try to keep sunday for worship and family time.  It is hard enough when Sundays are the back up plan, much less the first choice.  We can do better.