Sign in to follow this  
yacmed

MS State is cancelled for tomorrow Feb. 6th

As of 3:10pm Eastern, MS State Tournament is cancelled, the coaches were just notified. No word on when it might be rescheduled if at all.

This has only recently been decided so I think we should give the KYWA board some time to let us know what is going on.

I cannot believe this!!  I am so angry!  What about all these parents who have non-refundable hotel reservations.  I can kiss $118 goodbye!  What a joke. 

I don't have any additional details but I'm assuming that Hardin County school system is canceling all events at their sites. I was told the KSWA board was in contact with the superintendent there but it seems to have born no fruit. The logistics involved with trying to find an alternative location in or near e-town at this point is likely impossible.

If there is anger or disappointment to be had, I think it would be better directed at the Hardin County School system not the KSWA board.

I'm up for any alternative that gets the kids wrestling quickly. This Sunday, next Saturday or Sunday. I am very disappointed that so many people will be out hundreds of dollars in hotel reservations.

Next weekend is the high school regionals and a good portion of these kids will be wrestling for the high schools. The following weekend is the high school and youth state tourneys, so that pretty much eliminates that weekend as well.

Are you telling me there isn't an auditorium somewhere in ETown big enough to hold this tournament? Sounds fishy to me maybe someone who was supposed to win couldn't make it this weekend..............I say find another facility and those who have the stones to show up wrestle those who don't forfeit.

everyone dnt blame central hardin for it being postponed it is not our faLUT and are bossters lost alot of money buying stuff for the event so dnt blame us blame the school borad no joke i was just as mad as all u

Who do I contact to lodge a formal complaint?!!!!

Pathetic!

I'd start with Mother Nature and if you don't get satisfaction then go straight to God.  Really now?  It is due to the weather.....no conspiracy to torment wrestlers and their families.  The schools have to maintain responsibility for their properties.  I am very disappointed too.  Parents make sacrifices, kids practice hard-cut/maintain weight, etc.  Clearly there are no winners when this happens.  Hopefully something can be worked out to re-schedule. 

Are you telling me there isn't an auditorium somewhere in ETown big enough to hold this tournament? Sounds fishy to me maybe someone who was supposed to win couldn't make it this weekend..............I say find another facility and those who have the stones to show up wrestle those who don't forfeit.

Who is going to fund the auditorium rental?

We were coming from Northern Kentucky where the weather is supposed to be worse than down in Etown.  I'm still willing to drive my son down right now!!!  He wants to wrestle and he's earned his chance to be at State!!!  What a disappointment to the coaches, parents, and more than anything the kids who were supposed to wrestle!  These kids deserve better!  What happens now?? 

Looks like we are at a point where there are no perfect options.

February 7th:

Having it This Sunday would be logistically impossible and getting people there on 24 hours notice isn't good, however it does get the tournament done in a timely fashion

February 13th

Having the tournament next Saturday would conflict with High School regionals, that would make some wrestlers have to decide which was more important but this would also get the tournament done in a timely fashion and would give teams appropriate time to make arrangements to travel.

February 14th:

Having the Tournament next Sunday would mean some kids would have to wrestle 2 days in a row which should provide a 1lb allowance, it would also get the tournament done fairly quickly and provide for travel arrangements. However Sunday tournaments make travel and conflict with people's belief an issue. Also Valentines day and I'm not anxious to be in the dog-house

February 20th and 21st:

High School State Tournament seems like a very bad weekend to even attempt it, I for one am looking forward to watching that tournament and don't want to have to choose one over the other.

The weekend of February 27th seems open but that would be an unfortunately long amount of time between wrestling and asking 11-13 year olds to make weight for an additional month seems unfair.

It goes back to trying to choose an option that creates the most good, any option chosen will be viewed by some or many as unfair, that's just how it is. This has been a disappointing season due to weather and nervous administrators.

Who is going to fund the auditorium rental?

And who is going to refund all the money parents have put out for hotel rooms, lost days from work. I was lucky my hotel canceled my reservation without a charge but I know others who are stuck with a huge hotel bill for nothing. Not to mention these boys have worked their asses off this year and someone has the nerve to call this off because of rain. Makes no sense this forecast his been up for 4 days and you couldn't plan an alternative site in 4 days...right 

Wonder what happens in Minnesota, Michigan and all those other states that really get winter weather.  There's no other way to say it....retarded!!

Have to agree with you 100% a little rain and it all gets called off.....I think this is a joke And I feel sorry for the kids who have worked their butts off all season and now they get nothing because someone is scared of a little rain

Here's an idea...don't leave in the hands of an idiot.  Find a venue where the schools can't control it anymore.  What's wrong with Frankfort? Elementary and High School is held there.

I would like to see this moved to a location such as EKU in Richmond. The All A Classic is already held there earlier in the month so there is experience holding events like this already there. The University gets a chance to make an early impression on future prospective students so the facilities may not be too pricey. I know it would be a longer distance to travel for a handful of teams from the west but it's  not any further for them than it is for teams like Johnson County and Ashland to travel to ETown. And it's more centrally located for the majority of schools in the state. 

Memorial Coliseum in Lexington, the Civic Center in Frankfort, EKU, maybe somewhere on the UofL campus. All would be good options and unlikely to be affected by weather. We should definitely consider it for the future (if not this year, even if unlikely).