Sign in to follow this  
EMS Coach Cardwell

State Duals

Cooper did a great job of hosting state duals. Congrats to them on a well run tournament. I wish everyone that qualified could have come. It would have been great to see all of the top teams from around the state and individuals. There were a lot of individual match ups saturday that are going to be first or second round matches at state. It will be interresting to see if the outcome is the same or the tables are turned.

Wanted to stress how much northern Kentucky appreicated the bravery of Union and Trinty to come a day early to State duels.  I am guessing that other teams were worried about CC and Gray not to make the long haul.  But being serious,  Good job Cooper...  Sorry for the poor planning from "other" Contending teams.  I hope they at least teach the half....lol

Wanted to stress how much northern Kentucky appreciated the bravery of Union and Trinity to come a day early to State duels.  I am guessing that other teams were worried about CC and Gray not to make the long haul.  But being serious,  Good job Cooper...  Sorry for the poor planning from "other" Contending teams.  I hope they at least teach the half....lol

I say thats a cheap shot at the teams that didn't attend, "worried about CC and Gray".

1 - Who didn't attend? :?

2 - Some teams may not have had an option; school administration may have made the call of no participation and or transportation. :cry:

3 - Some programs may not have the funding to make the over night trip.  Hotels, meals, bus driver. :oops:

I guess Union and Trinity are very blessed to have the support and funding to come up a night before.

Don't take shots at kids that are upset they couldn't attend or the staff that wasn't allowed to attend.

I guess your team was one that did well because other teams could not attend :wink:

Did any of the teams that could not participate beat any off the top six teams? :|

Mike Honcho, hopefully you were joking about other teams being worried about Campbell and Gray. It wasn't poor planning by the coaches or kids, we can only do what our school boards allow. The way I see it, if all the contending teams made it Gray would not have been in the finals, and Campbell would not have taken fourth. This is not a knock against those teams or coaches, I have nothing but respect for them. No sour grapes here, the teams that made it deserve what they got and I congratulate them. But cocky comments such as yours are really not needed. Your teams got what they got, be proud, but don't think for a second anybody was "worried" about making it there to wrestle any of those teams. I got a feeling there were alot kids chomping at the bit from all over Ky to get there Saturday to see how they stacked up. Once again, congrats to all the teams that got to participate, and for those of you who didn't make it, go get you some at State. Good luck to all the teams.

D.W. Thank You for the positive remarks on behalf of the kids, coaches and parents that work so hard all season to have this event taken away from them due to weather. :lol:

One of the more positive posts I've read. :wink:

I say thats a cheap shot at the teams that didn't attend, "worried about CC and Gray".

1 - Who didn't attend? :?

2 - Some teams may not have had an option; school administration may have made the call of no participation and or transportation. :cry:

3 - Some programs may not have the funding to make the over night trip.  Hotels, meals, bus driver. :oops:

I guess Union and Trinity are very blessed to have the support and funding to come up a night before.

Don't take shots at kids that are upset they couldn't attend or the staff that wasn't allowed to attend.

I guess your team was one that did well because other teams could not attend :wink:

Did any of the teams that could not participate beat any off the top six teams? :|

As a matter of fact, we beat Campbell, Cooper, Trinity, barely lost a close one with Twenhofel, and did not see Gray or Union so far this year.

....The way I see it, if all the contending teams made it Gray would not have been in the finals....

DW, which team are you a member of? Which team do you think would have made the finals above Gray? After all the criteria was sent in for all the teams that qualified, Gray was the number one seed. Chances are they beat your team or a team that beat yours. The only teams that Gray didn't see that were invited were Elkhorn, Union and Johnson Central. As I stated in a previous post I think JC was the only contender who couldn't make the trip. I won't seculate what the result of a Gray - JC matchup would be since I haven't seen them. I will say I doubt any of the other teams would beat Gray in a dual.