who will win at 82  

30 members have voted

1. 1. who will win at 82

• wiley
    • erdman
    • emerson
    • tompson
    • goshorn

Thats a pretty bold statement. Hope that young man can back up your talk. From everything I've seen all year, that boy would be lucky to finish 4th in Region 3. You might have just given some young men who frequently check these sites some extra motive to "stick it" to him.

idk.. That kid is tough.. Smart and dont get in trouble alot.. Cant wait to see how great this tourny will be.. But to say he would only get 4th in region 3 is just arrogant and crazy..

I've been around the middle school scene for over five years now since my son graduated high school and from what I've seen this year out of the three I mentioned earlier, Wiley, Erdmen, and Goshor, those three could very easily go 123 in the state tournament. So yes Sutphin would have all he can handle to get 4th in this region.

I mean besides Wiley losing to Thompson who he has beat twice, I dont think these three boys have lost to anyone else in the state at 82. Erdmens beat Goshorn at least twice that I know of. Goshorns beat Erdmen, Erdmens beat Wiley twice. Wiley beat Erdmen, and Wiley beat Goshorn twice, well actually 3 times. So no disrespect to your wrestler and if this is your first year coaching middle school you should watch calling people ignorant. I remember watching you wrestle in high school you have more class than that.

Every year this is a great tournament, and the wrestling just keeps getting better and better.

Thats a pretty bold statement. Hope that young man can back up your talk. From everything I've seen all year, that boy would be lucky to finish 4th in Region 3. You might have just given some young men who frequently check these sites some extra motive to "stick it" to him.

I am sure Austin Sutphin the boy being mentioned by you will also be very motivated from your statement.

Best of luck to all

I am sure Austin Sutphin the boy being mentioned by you will also be very motivated from your statement.

Best of luck to all

I would also like to say that Austin Sutphin the 11 year old boy you are speaking of already respects every opponent he may or may not face at the state tournament.  That is what I teach him since I am his dad and coach. 

Coach Sutphin

Montgomery County Wrestling

Arguably the most balanced class of the tournament. Any one of the top 6 to 8 could end up as the winner. The quarterfinals have some of the toughest matches of the tournament.  Whoever takes this weight class has quite an accomplishment to talk about.

My vote goes to Erdman but that's why they wrestle the matches - anyone can win it.  No one in this weight class is getting any easy rides. I can't wait to see the wrestling in this class.

HardWork_Pays

"I've been around the middle school scene for over five years now since my son graduated high school and from what I've seen this year out of the three I mentioned earlier, Wiley, Erdmen, and Goshor, those three could very easily go 123 in the state tournament. So yes Sutphin would have all he can handle to get 4th in this region."

You are correct in stating Sutphin or any other 82 pound wrestler could have gotten 4th in your region.  However, it just as true Sutphin could have won your region.  Clearly by your statement you see Wiley, Erdmen, and Goshor are about even.  I would add Sutphin, Thompson, and Emerson with the three above.  I see Thompson and Wiley being the favorites in the 82 bracket.  Still, if you look at the bracket it would not surprise me to see Sutphin in the finials. 

Second, if you look at the bracket and possible match up it is most unlikely your region goes 1,2,& 3.   

I know AJ Bidner wrestled up at the Bluegrass Games and beat Sutphin this past summer.  I have not seen him wrestle, just going by what I've heard.  I'm sure he's a solid wrestler.  However, I can say there is a possible sleeper on this side of the bracket.  All I can say is don't look past anyone.  This particular kid is capable of beating Goshorn and Emerson...trust me and I'm very familiar with those two.

You heard right, AJ did beat Austin.  He beat him again @ the Big Brother duals 4-2 in a great match.  I also agree that there are 6 - 8 kids in the 82lb weight class that could win this bracket.  One or two on the other side of the bracket that haven't been mentioned yet.

Coach Sutphin

Coach Sutphin,

I appreciated your posts.  I agree that Austin has a good shot at 82.  I saw him beat Joe Sheedy (no slouch) at the Regions.  If he wrestles like that, he has a good chance.  I know Joe is hoping for a rematch :-D

I will try and look at this wt. class as  a horse race(being this is KY-LOL). The Morning Line Odds-ERDMAN 8-5. Wiley 9-5, Emerson 5-2,Goshorn 3-1,Thompson 7-2, Sutphin 6-1. The morning line takes into consideration which side of the bracket the wrestlers are on.(for example if Emerson and Goshorn were in the bottom part of the bracket their odds would be higher).Now place your bets LOL.This is for entertainment purposes only

LOL....I am from Northern Ohio and have no idea what you just said....LOL. 

DBW.....Austin knows his match against Joe could have gone either way.  His comment after the match was "He is extremely strong".  I believe this bracket is going to be exciting to watch all the way around.  Whoever wins it gets my vote for MOW.

Coach Sutphin

Also an up and coming sixth grader from region 2 that keeps getting better and better. While not on same experience level, gave Thompson and Emerson all they wanted in distrcit and region.