Sign in to follow this  
jboy

Ryle vs Jeffersonville IN

Ryle will be at the South Dearborn invite......... see if Jeff can get an invite if you want to see them wrestle again. I'd love to see it again. This time with what you say an "impartial" reffing staff.

jboy... this was a good match... not sure the match you were watching at 152, but clearly there was locking hands; defined as both hands touching each other while on top... that is the rule... it happened.  match is over with, and I would say that there were clear discrepencies... if Jeff truly had someone out...  sorry... know that from 215 down to 152 should be bumped down... all of those are probably wrestling up.  also 135 was out... not sure your guy would have held with ryles 135

jboy... this was a good match... not sure the match you were watching at 152, but clearly there was locking hands; defined as both hands touching each other while on top... that is the rule... it happened.  match is over with, and I would say that there were clear discrepencies... if Jeff truly had someone out...  sorry... know that from 215 down to 152 should be bumped down... all of those are probably wrestling up.  also 135 was out... not sure your guy would have held with ryles 135

Report to moderator    Logged

Yea I was watching the same 152  as you. I have watched this kid wrestle since 7th grade and never has had this called on him. I asked him about it and he said in no way did he lock his hands until the guy stood completely up. Anyway if the ref hadnt waited 5 seconds to bend down to see Ryles guy was pinned in the first 20 seconds of the match.  I talked to all the coaches and all complained about the officiating. I know they are classy enuff not to make an issue. Next time we just have to beat them and take the refs out of the equation. As far as 135 goes he has wrestled two of the top 5 in Indiana and went into overtime. Normally when we wrestle Kentucky schools we dont send our varsity, we tried it for several years and it was embarrassing. Only when we wrestle like Ryle or Trinity do we send the varsity.  I was impressed with Ryle. They are the best we have seen. We wrestled Trinity last year and I thought they were good. but I think this ryle team is better. I found out the 119 is 7th grader. I cant believe it. He is an amazing kid. HE wrestled a kid who was 21-1 on the season and made him look like a novice. Anyway it is hard to see when all the calls are going your way. I tell you it was a good match, but the ref was awful. He told the coaches dont question any call I make before the match or it will cost you a team point. It was clearly evident he wasnt calling anything for Jeff. Anyway I sound like a belly acher. Ryle won and I hope we meet again.

jboy... you are a good sport!  i would agree (whether it is this match or any others...) this ref needs something to take his edge off... for some reason he always either gets on a specific wrestler and keeps the "case of the ass" with them... too bad.  he kind of has short mans syndrome and needs to be the "boss".  i did physically see the 152 wrestler touch his hands both times and thought the calls were appropriate; regardless of the ref that was there... good luck!

Jboy,

at the match, it was locking hands.  The ref has no ties to Ryle other than being located here in NKY.  If I remember correctly, Ryle was called on few stalling calls as well, backing up. and I thought Ryle should have takedown points but were not awarded. In the match, where he supposedly cost the major decision, the Jeff kid, was clearly stalling as he was coached to do by your coach.  He was told to "center" and he hung on the edge of the mat so he could avoid any further points.  He was busted for it.

Amazing how, belly achers belly ache when they are losing.  with that being said, IN refs are just as bad particularly in the Madison area. 

i wasn't done, sorry. On the other hand, Jboy,  I was sitting as a neutral spectator but I do know how that ref officiates matches so I can somewhat feel your flow.  I don't think every call went to Ryle, and it wouldn't have made a difference anyway.  He made plenty of correct calls as well, as he is supposed to.

When the kid did not Center, as he was told, I knew he was going to get hit.  Coach Struck did a good job on his weak spots by avoiding pins.

I will say this, I have seen that official not necessarily put calls to the favor of any certain team, but I have seen him dictate how the kid wrestles or the match itself.  I don't agree with it.

In a 6 point match every call makes a difference. I was there and I saw how he was calling things. He was so slow to respond to the takedown in the 152 match. The jeff kid had him pinned for at least 3or 4 seconds before he started counting. In that same match there were 10 seconds to go in the second periond and the Jeff kid got two locked hands calls. He missed so many pins when the ryle guys were down. Anyway if you give Jeff an additional 3 points in the 152 and an extra point in the 215 for a pin and not a tech fall and the 140 major with the points awarded for violations it is a 1 point match. I tell you this if Jeffs 189 wrestles ther is a 12 point swing. Anyway I came away from the match with a great respect for Ryle. From 112 to 171 they are very solid. In those weight classes Ryle can wrestle with anyone. I will tell you soon, We wrestle Trinity  in January and I will give you my opinion of both teams. I got a feeling you guys can wip them in a dual. I wish you guys the best of  luck the rest of the year and hope all your guys remain healthy. Much respect.