Sign in to follow this  
SnapDrag

Best match at state

Yeah. It was a surprise for Harrison to get taken down first, but I don't think anyone really ever thought he may be in trouble of losing the match.

It's because he kept his composure well and didn't rush things.

It's because he kept his composure well and didn't rush things.

Harrison always seems to be well composed. Thats his trademark.

Well when you've been wrestling as long as he has at the level he's been performing at you develop a confidence that is almost unshakable.  He had simply been through that situation before and come out on top so he wasn't worried, just knew he had to keep wrestling the whole match.  See the finals match against Banks his freshman year.

Give credit to Jake Lee though for getting the takedown.  Even though Harrison is better on the mat that doesn't mean he's no good on his feet.  I've wrestled with both and although Harrison is the better wrestler Jake is pretty good, as indicated by his finals performance.

Well when you've been wrestling as long as he has at the level he's been performing at you develop a confidence that is almost unshakable.  He had simply been through that situation before and come out on top so he wasn't worried, just knew he had to keep wrestling the whole match.  See the finals match against Banks his freshman year.

Give credit to Jake Lee though for getting the takedown.  Even though Harrison is better on the mat that doesn't mean he's no good on his feet.  I've wrestled with both and although Harrison is the better wrestler Jake is pretty good, as indicated by his finals performance.

Most wrestlers haven't been in that situation before. I always think back to Travis Sullivan being in the same situation. It's so easy just to loose yourself in the moment that it really takes discipline to overcome that obstacle.

Most wrestlers haven't been in that situation before. I always think back to Travis Sullivan being in the same situation. It's so easy just to loose yourself in the moment that it really takes discipline to overcome that obstacle.

Thats what seperates a three time state champion, from a four time state champion. There really is a huge difference. A lot of people will make the argument that Travis Sullivan only deserves to be a 2 timer. He really couldn't dominate at the higher weight classes like he did 103.

Forget the weight class argument, even though I agree with it about Sullivan.  After achieved some early success Harrison was coached to dominate the rest of the state, not just win matches.  With this mentality while I'll agree that it's not impossible but more difficult to lose your focus.  See this years finals match with Lee.