Sign in to follow this  
Northern

Return from Injury

I'd like to give some recognition to the guys that came back from major injury/sickness to participate in the tournament. Regardless of the outcome, they should be commended for the heart and desire that they displayed. It takes a very special individual to pursue a goal when the odds are stacked against them. Here are some that I am familiar with - I'm sure there are many more.

Taso Theoharatos - coming back from Mono.

Caleb Wood - Shoulder

Eric Warner - Knee & ankle

Trey Morlatt - Dislocated elbow

Daniel Martinko - Shoulder & back

Reinhold Leicht - Knee (?)

Josh Young - Neck

Matt Byrd - Arm

Mike Clark - Shoulder

Byrd is an animal ... i don't know that he came back from anything. I believe he needs surgery on his shoulder still from a reliable source ... so he just wrestled through it. Thats somebody with a set of rocks.

Byrd is having surgry on his elbow tomorrow, that is why he had the pad on his arm the whole weekend. I belive it is a calcium deposit, but pretty much it looks like he has 2 elbows, looks really bad to me. Good luck with surgry.

I am proud of all the guys listed above that fought through those injuries to return to the sport they love. I'm sure a lot of non-wrestling people think my son Matt Baker of North Hardin is crazy to want to come back and wrestle next year after 2 straight years of tearing his meniscus in his knee requiring surgery. (Wrestlers and fans know why wrestlers keep coming back no matter what the pain.) The good news is that they removed the meniscus this time and he will be cleared to wrestle again. He is already released to play baseball, a less demanding sport on the body :) He is at 100% for baseball, but will take longer to get 100% for wrestling.

Good luck to the injured and post-op wrestlers and may the rest of your careers be injury free.

I see there is a question mark by Reinhold. He did injure his knee during his football season. Miniskus or however u spell it. Thats what he damaged.