Sign in to follow this  
ridge44

freestyle

Haven't you already posted this same thread like 3 times? If you haven't found out by now then don't even worry about it.

Haven't you already posted this same thread like 3 times? If you haven't found out by now then don't even worry about it.

umm to bad i havent  posted anything about freestyle so get ur facts stright

It is too bad these "open mats" are unable to teach the freestyle moves.  If you would like to learn some and are going to attend the Fern Creek tournament this weekend, I can teach you.  Just send me a private message if you are interested and I will let you know who I am and will teach you the difference and some moves that will do you will.

It is too bad these "open mats" are unable to teach the freestyle moves.  If you would like to learn some and are going to attend the Fern Creek tournament this weekend, I can teach you.  Just send me a private message if you are interested and I will let you know who I am and will teach you the difference and some moves that will do you will.

OK thanks man, i just wanna learn it 2 up my folkstyle wrestling, i read in a magazine that if you learn gecko and freestlye it will make u a better wrestler all around

OK thanks man, i just wanna learn it 2 up my folkstyle wrestling, i read in a magazine that if you learn gecko and freestlye it will make u a better wrestler all around

First of all it's "Greco-Roman" but more commonly referred to as Greco.  Yes freestyle and greco will definitely help your folkstyle wrestling because you will learn skills and positions that will then transfer over to folkstyle (for example throws, sitting to your hip off your opponent's shot, and learning not to expose your back in any situation).  If you want I can show you some things as well but in a practice atmosphere instead of one weekend at a tournament.  However I live in Lexington so this may pose a challenge.  Anyone else who might be interested in private lessons can contact me.  It would obviously be easier if you live in Lexington but anyone from around the state is welcome.

I recommend freestyle and greco to any and all wrestlers.  Nothing like tech falling a guy in about 20 seconds and getting points for a feet over head throw.  Just don't expose your back... easier said than done in freestyle.