KYgrappler

Another dose of DOMINATION

LaRue didn't even come in second? I'll have to check the official scores to believe that after they talked that much trash all year. It is true, wow. I guess it's time for that chant everyone hates from Woodford Co.

WE ARE... STATE CHAMPS

WE ARE... STATE CHAMPS

WE ARE... STATE CHAMPS

Where's all the people that hated on us all year? I believe we had FIVE STATE CHAMPIONS. Yep thats right read 'em and weep. 112- Coty Lewis, 145- Harrison Courtney, 171- Will Starks, 189- Richard Starks, 275- Kyle Goodrich.I'm especially proud of Coty, Harrison and Will because nobody thought they could do it for various reasons. Coty because he wasn't in shape (I believed he proved that with a major decision over Luna and a pin in the finals) How stacked was the bracket on his side again?. Harrison simply wasn't good enough to beat Pat Banks legitimately (I think he actually took Banks down if I'm not mistaken, didn't beat him with legs). Will because he would crack under the pressure. That kid has improved leaps and bounds over the past year, maybe the most on the Woodford Co team. His confidence shows it too.

I'm proud of all the Woodford Co. wrestlers, I believe all of them won at least one match. Everyone of them deserves part of this title, even you K.T. Routt (in case you'll don't know he was Rusty Parks' replacement). I am also proud of Rusty too. Instead of giving up on life he continued to support his team mates in light of his devastating injury. Great job guys and I'll see you'll in a couple of weeks!!

Congratulations! From a LaRue fan. You guys dominated this thing even to my suprise and it will take a little while to get over it, but we will. I thought that Woodford's staff did a great job of adjusting what I thought were some flaws in their game. They basically wizzered their way to the title and again my hat's off to them. South Oldham came back in the consolations really well and captured three titles to boot (hard to beat that) and we did not perform well at all, plain and simple. As far as the thing with Bryant, I did not think the slam was that bad and he told one of our kids it was his shoulder, not his head that he hurt. We were all very disappointed for Stacey since it was the last match of his career and, trust me, he would be the last one on our team to intentionally try to hurt someone. Enjoy your victory and go on and rub it in if you need to, you earned it! OOUCH! OOOOH! OUCH! We're still very proud of our kids for a great season (undefeated duals record, six medalists at state) and we have some adjusting of our own to do to try and get better.

You might have a beef with the call but not with Bryant,he tried to wrestle but the trainer said no way.To boo a hurt wrestler who was also his last match was very very bad. :evil:

Guest jp

For all the people that talked trash about both programs, congrad's to all the programs, top three and the 20 plus teams that scored 10 or less points.

KY wrestling is going in the right diresction. More programs, better kids and even a LaRue fan that has the class to respect the outcome of the Woodford program.

All we can do is go back to the mat and weight room and begin preparing for next season :wink:

Austin destroyed Hildreth from Campbell couny just like he did in region a week earlier. Josh Cooper had a very close match with Wolsiefer but Wolsefier ended up winning by a point or two I think

WOW! WOW! WOW! Five state champs is INCREDIBLE!

I was mainly interested in 145 this year, and was thrilled to hear that Courtney had won it all. It was arguably one of the toughest weight classes this year, if not THE toughest, with several excellent wrestlers. And to top it off, he is only a freshman. He was up against very tough odds and came through with flying colors; and if anyone can do it, he can(and DID).

And as a team, WC came out 60+ points ahead of their closest competition, and even farther ahead of their biggest rival.

Congratulations to WC and ALL of the teams and wrestlers who competed in this year's state tournament.

WOW.

LaRue didn't even come in second? I'll have to check the official scores to believe that after they talked that much trash all year. It is true' date=' wow. I guess it's time for that chant everyone hates from Woodford Co.

WE ARE... STATE CHAMPS

WE ARE... STATE CHAMPS

WE ARE... STATE CHAMPS

Where's all the people that hated on us all year? I believe we had FIVE STATE CHAMPIONS. Yep thats right read 'em and weep. 112- Coty Lewis, 145- Harrison Courtney, 171- Will Starks, 189- Richard Starks, 275- Kyle Goodrich.I'm especially proud of Coty, Harrison and Will because nobody thought they could do it for various reasons. Coty because he wasn't in shape (I believed he proved that with a major decision over Luna and a pin in the finals) How stacked was the bracket on his side again?. Harrison simply wasn't good enough to beat Pat Banks legitimately (I think he actually took Banks down if I'm not mistaken, didn't beat him with legs). Will because he would crack under the pressure. That kid has improved leaps and bounds over the past year, maybe the most on the Woodford Co team. His confidence shows it too.

I'm proud of all the Woodford Co. wrestlers, I believe all of them won at least one match. Everyone of them deserves part of this title, even you K.T. Routt (in case you'll don't know he was Rusty Parks' replacement). I am also proud of Rusty too. Instead of giving up on life he continued to support his team mates in light of his devastating injury. Great job guys and I'll see you'll in a couple of weeks!!

Well, i'm not what you would call a fan of WC at all. I'm actually the exact opposite. But with all of that put aside, I can't deny the fact that they did have a great team. 5 state champs is incredible.

Cheers to all the well-wishers.

I wasn't trying to rub in the win...just excited.

Congrats to all state-placers and S. Oldham for second place.

Big ups to Shane Parks for gettin third and giving Sullivan all he could handle (his closest match of the yr.).

WE ARE..STATE CHAMPS!!!