Sign in to follow this  
pin2win

Nationals

Why doesn't Kentucky put together a team for nationals...the top freshmans,sophmores,juniors, and seniors form a team..and show off ky's talented wrestlers...just a lil idea that came to my mind while on here

I think this is a great idea. The problem though is money. If we had this though it would put KY on the map big time. An idea though that could be big is have a fundraiser provided by schools across the state. Say take 2% of the profit made out of every tournament though out the year to help cut down the cost on nationals. After that you take the person who placed highest out of every weight in their grade the first dibs as a "starter". Anyone else that wants to go is welcome but the fundraiser will help only the starters funds in going to nationals. Any other ideas?

I know 2% may not seem like much, but this would be including the State tournament. The state tournament would be where we make most of our money anyway. I think this would encourage kids and parents to compete on the national level. The kids because it gives them that much more incentive to place high at state. The parents would be encouraged because they wouldn't have to break their back paying for nationals.  The only problem I see is if a kid in say the 9th grade didn't place at 285, we would take the person who won the most matches at state at that weight in that grade. If there is 2 people with the same you go with who had the most pins. After that if there still tied you go to who won by largest margins in their match. If still tied after this you go with who had the best record through-out the season.

I know 2% may not seem like much, but this would be including the State tournament. The state tournament would be where we make most of our money anyway. I think this would encourage kids and parents to compete on the national level. The kids because it gives them that much more incentive to place high at state. The parents would be encouraged because they wouldn't have to break their back paying for nationals.  The only problem I see is if a kid in say the 9th grade didn't place at 285, we would take the person who won the most matches at state at that weight in that grade. If there is 2 people with the same you go with who had the most pins. After that if there still tied you go to who won by largest margins in their match. If still tied after this you go with who had the best record through-out the season.

sounds good 2 me lol

why not just do it like they do it on real teams, and have a wrestle off?

Do you know how stressful that would be to pull that off? Plus it's more of an incintive to do well at state.

Do you know how stressful that would be to pull that off? Plus it's more of an incintive to do well at state.

im not saying just anybody in the state be allowed to wrestle for a spot, maybe you have to at least make it to state. or make it so far in state, but to narrow it to the placers in some weights isnt good enough. i mean some draws are tougher than others, especially in a stacked weight class. definite placers during the season could turn into non placers post season due to the drawing, or an injury.

Another problem is that coachs are not allowed to coach their kids at nationals or allowed to practice with them before going.

Where did you recieve this information at? I know for a fact Ryle holds open mats every year preparing wrestlers for Nationals and their own wrestlers are involved.

PRACTICE TIME CHANGE: THE PRACTICE TIME FOR THIS WILL BE 4-5:30pm,  ON THESE SUNDAYS  March 8th , March 15th, March 22nd , March 29th

High School Nationals Wrestling Championship

April 1-5          Grades 9, 10, 11, 12                Virginia Beach Convention Center

Because of the no contact rule in KY, I (Avery Zerkle) have been asked ,again this year, by several parents to help prepare their wrestler for this upcoming event. I also plan to attend the tournament as well as help coach the kids. In preparation for the tournament I plan to hold practice the first four Sundays in March. These practices will be very intense and consist of 10-15 wrestlers that are training to obtain an All-American status at this tournament.

If you are interested please contact me ASAP so that I can reserve a spot for you. For coaching purposes, at the tournament, one coach can only manage 6-8 wrestlers. I have asked my assistant coach, Matt Koz to help with the training and coaching for this years events. So, a group of 12-16 wrestlers would work well for a great training environment and personal attention at the tournament.

These are the wrestlers that are participating thus far:

Korey Shotwell, Dusty Brown, Jake Lee, Jake Ilg, Myran Bradbury, Josh Johnson, Jordan Murphy, Alex Murphy, Connor Coyle 

There will be numerous state champs and placers attending.

Training Sessions:

**All sessions will be on Sundays from 4:30-6:00pm    4:00-5:30pm at Cincinnati La Salle High School

the wrestling room is in the De La Salle Center behind the school.

You can get directions from my web page. www.goldencrosswrestling.com

March 8th , March 15th, March 22nd , March 29th

Cost:  $225

This includes 4 training sessions, weight management plans, and coaching during tournament. This cost will also help cover my expenses for the trip: Flight $250, 4 nights hotel $500, coaches pass $100, food and misc. $100.

Please contact me to hold a spot and for further questions.

Avery Zerkle's            937-631-2099

Golden Cross Wrestling, LLC      www.goldencrosswrestling.com

Avery Zerkle

Head Coach Cinn. La Salle High School

2006-2008 Head Coach Springboro High School

2003-2006 Head Coach Graham Jr. High

2002 Volunteer Assistant Graham High School

2x NCAA Qualifier at Lock Haven University

NCAA Eastern Wrestling League Champ

NCAA Pennsylvania State Athletic Conf. Champ

Ohio State Champ at Graham High School

Ohio State Runner-Up at Graham High School

Jr. National Freestyle Duals National Champ

Jr. National Freestyle All-American

Sr. National All-American

Matt  Koz

Asst. Coach Cinn. La Salle High School

2 X NCAA Qualifier- Minnesota/Univ. Tennessee

3 X Ohio State Champ at St. Ed

why do we just do what Mar Hitchings did back in the day. He took all the state champs and put them on a team if that individual couldn't be there, then he would go down to runner up and so on. it worked pretty well i was on the first team to go to Illinois, it was a lot of fun but it was a dual tourny not individual.