Sign in to follow this  
MagicBone

A Long Time Coming........

Everyone I'm a proud guy to sit back and watch something happen I've never been able to watch before.

I've been wrestling since ONLY my freshmen year in 2002 at Central H.S. where we werent much of anything,barely any singlets,warm ups shoes or anything this was the year of Phil Baker,lol great guy and tough hvwt...

Today Central has become a stronger program with wrestlers in the finals of ALMOST all the tournaments and even a recent runner up 2years ago at 140

Also I got to share a moment with my own eyes watching a fine season and year by trinity high school whom may be a private school here in louisville,but they are a Louisville Team this means in 6years their hasnt been a louisville team at Number 1 and win The title,I'm proud to be a wrestler from the area,its almost our own history as a city we can share with the county schools nearly always taking it.

Last but not least a fine gentlemen and friend and partner in the room,Justin Davis has made a mark for our school with their being not a state champion since 2002 being Derek Sawyer who did respectively make it to the finals in 2003 falling short to a woodford wrestler in the end.

Justin was also the 2nd State MOW EVER at eastern the last was in 1978....It was nice seeing all of these historic events happen this weekend,please feel free to be proud with me

I am sure Davis is very thankful for your help over the years.  From what I hear you helped him out a lot with his wrestling.

This is one person's opinion, but having been to State for years now, I was impressed with the level of play. Hardly any slackers were there. You couldn't expect to just run right over anybody, even if you were a 1 seed. I mean, a few like Fahy and Courtney had no competition. But everybody else had to go out there and wrestle every time. And, yeah, teams that used to hardly have anybody like Central, or that just got started like Meade and Nelson, brought some good wrestlers. Woodford not dominating was nice for a change.

It was great. Good matches to watch continuously for three days. I hope they don't change it to two, although I heard that's gonna happen for sure.