Sign in to follow this  
WHS98

AJ Bindner

Aj placed 4th in the Indy Nationals-out of 16 kids.He made it to the semis.and lost in the 3rd and 4th place match.He was winning 2-0 when he injured his shoulder and could not continue.He was the only kid from Kentucky at the tournament.It would be nice to see more kids from Ky at some of these tournaments I think we would have a good showing.

5th grade-70 lbs

I hope the injury is not serious.Will he be able to compete in elementary state? What school does he wrestle for? :?

I think he should be in the sixth grade because his birth year is 1997. He's beating up some little guys that probably never wrestled before. He is a descent wrestler i 've seen him get it took to him numerous times in the CYW. I see all this talk about him but there other kids out there that should be getting just as much talk. Keep his weight down because he couldn't even hang with the guys that are 75lbs that were at state.

I think he should be in the sixth grade because his birth year is 1997. He's beating up some little guys that probably never wrestled before. He is a descent wrestler i 've seen him get it took to him numerous times in the CYW. I see all this talk about him but there other kids out there that should be getting just as much talk. Keep his weight down because he couldn't even hang with the guys that are 75lbs that were at state.

These comments aren't at all necessary.  This post was started just to recognize some additional accomplishments of one of our middle school state champs.  To follow that up by bashing the kid is rediculous.  I think a much better use of your time and typing abilities would be to mention the other kids that you believe should get talked about and not waste the time bashing our youth.

• Upvote 1

By the way, I know virtually nothing about AJ.  I have seen him wrestle at most 3 times over the last couple years, but I couldn't pick him out of a lineup if my life depended on it.

This post is not necessary AJ has earned his rewards with hard work.  Sure they are other kids out who need more ink but not at the expense of AJ.  Come on let's build kids up not pull them down. 

• Upvote 1

i wasn't bashing him maybe just jealous my son isn;t getting reconized for his accomplishments.

Then use your efforts to tell us about his accomplishments.  Don't try to drag others down for giving kids a pat on the back for their hard work.

"kids" one of the reasons I put the post on here is because I would love to see more ky kids at these tournaments.People try to down Ky wrestling and I think it would help us gain some respect.Now for your other stupid comments 1-if your son is good get him out of just wrestling local and if he wins the talk about him will come.2-you are so wrong about him moving up to 75 I have to laugh,first he eats all he wants and still makes 70.You may have seen him lose in CYW but it must have been 1 of only 2 matches he lost up there this year.Now for your really dumb comment that he could not handle moving up to 75.Weighing only 63lbs last year he split with Ben Nelson(who pinned Wiley)he beat Gilkey(in an exhibition last summer-who in case you didn't know finished 3rd at 75) and he lost to Wiley 9-5 in a take down tournament this past summer,he might not have won state at 75 but I can tell you 1 thing for sure he would have made a good showing for someone that would have been 7 lbs under weight at times.Last I guess it is good your jealous because we are jealous of John Fahy and the reason is because he is so good AJ wants to be just like him and have people other than Kentuckians knowing who he is.

Frank he will miss ele. state,he will be out 4-6 weeks(says the DR.) We hope it doesn't effect his summer wrestling.Louisvillewrestling I did put this post on here because I was proud of what he did in Indy and I know he gets on here and reads the posts and I thought it might cheer him up.

Sorry to here AJ will miss state, I enjoy talking to him he acts older than he is. Keep up the good work. And do as the doctors tell you so get healthy quick.

Frank he will miss ele. state,he will be out 4-6 weeks(says the DR.) We hope it doesn't effect his summer wrestling.Louisvillewrestling I did put this post on here because I was proud of what he did in Indy and I know he gets on here and reads the posts and I thought it might cheer him up.

Too bad about state. He should regain his arm strength pretty quickly as active as a 5th grade wrestler is. I give him 4 weeks. Keep your head up A.J. and keep a positive mental attitude. Who do you wrestle for? 8-)