Sign in to follow this  
Skwrestling119

matchup that you are can't wait to see at state

2 of thomson's points were from a reversal. 

OK widowmaker we get it you're right Thomson got a reversal. Thats a hard bone to hold on to though. I missed it becuase I blinked and Davis already had reversed again. From my computations Thomson had control for .45 seconds! I'm not sure he ever had control because it looked like they were rolling and the ref gave him a reversal. But you're right he got two points. The only other time Thomson had control is when Davis started down at the begiining of the period. That's when Thomson put in an illegal headlock, tried to choke Davis and the ref ended up awarding Davis a point. I hardly consider those two occasions worthy of saying Thomson was holding his own against Davis

I'm curious what you think was Thomson's finest moment in this match. Was it the illegal headlock and choking, or the reversal and half a second of being in control, or not getting up and finishing the match. We'll never know who would have won that match if it was completed, but from the way it was going before the ref stopped it I wouldn't have been betting on Thomson. Thomson won the match the only way he could have!

OK widowmaker we get it you're right Thomson got a reversal. Thats a hard bone to hold on to though. I missed it becuase I blinked and Davis already had reversed again. From my computations Thomson had control for .45 seconds! I'm not sure he ever had control because it looked like they were rolling and the ref gave him a reversal. But you're right he got two points. The only other time Thomson had control is when Davis started down at the begiining of the period. That's when Thomson put in an illegal headlock, tried to choke Davis and the ref ended up awarding Davis a point. I hardly consider those two occasions worthy of saying Thomson was holding his own against Davis

I'm curious what you think was Thomson's finest moment in this match. Was it the illegal headlock and choking, or the reversal and half a second of being in control, or not getting up and finishing the match. We'll never know who would have won that match if it was completed, but from the way it was going before the ref stopped it I wouldn't have been betting on Thomson. Thomson won the match the only way he could have!

I'm curious as to whose jock you and your wife are going to hang off of now that Davis is graduating?  What will Kywrestling.com be like without you and her constantly reminding us of how awesome and great Justin Davis is?

I'm curious as to whose jock you and your wife are going to hang off of now that Davis is graduating?  What will Kywrestling.com be like without you and her constantly reminding us of how awesome and great Justin Davis is?

Thanks for posting that widowmaker. I thought I was the only one that was sick of their dribble. I seriously don't understand why they have such a complex. That being said, JD deserves his props.

Thanks for posting that widowmaker. I thought I was the only one that was sick of their dribble. I seriously don't understand why they have such a complex. That being said, JD deserves his props.

You're right, he absolutely does.  He was an animal at state.  Hands down.

But I am tired as hell of the bald guy and flannel panties always jumping up for the kid.  it's a little weird.

I'm not at all curious whose jock you are hanging on widowmaker. And perhaps you might want to restrict your comments to wrestling which is what mine were about. I guess you didn't have a response to my comments on the wrestling match since you chose to insult me instead. Incidently I jump up and down for all the kids on our team not just Davis. Davis just happens to be the one doing well these days. We are expecting big things in the future from Nyitrae, T. Rupp, J. Rupp and Boroff to mention a few. And when their time comes you will be tired of me jumping up and down for them. And if your boy moves up from 5th to 1st I'll be glad to give him kudos too!

I'm not at all curious whose jock you are hanging on widowmaker. And perhaps you might want to restrict your comments to wrestling which is what mine were about. I guess you didn't have a response to my comments on the wrestling match since you chose to insult me instead. Incidently I jump up and down for all the kids on our team not just Davis. Davis just happens to be the one doing well these days. We are expecting big things in the future from Nyitrae, T. Rupp, J. Rupp and Boroff to mention a few. And when their time comes you will be tired of me jumping up and down for them. And if your boy moves up from 5th to 1st I'll be glad to give him kudos too!

Seems harsh to criticize people for applauding a champ on their team, but I'm new on here. Maybe I don't know what the site is supposed to be about.

Widowmaker and Titlfor3, I don't know what teams you follow, but I guess you look at the sport differently from the way I do. I've been involved in wrestling for about 10 years. During that time I've always cheered on and celebrated the members of the entire team. And I pay attention to wrestlers all over the state and celebrate them. I've posted many comments about Harrison Courtney from Woodford and, in the past, Anthony Bailey from Ft. Knox, Caleb Wood and John Wolsifer from Fern Creek, and Keith Lageman from Connor. Off the top of my head, those are just a few I've enjoyed watching and applauding.

Apparently you don't realize Justin Davis was Eastern's first state champ since Derek Sawyer in 2002. Now he's the first repeat state champ since 1981, more than 25 years ago. He's also one of several kids on the team who has been "adopted" by all the active parents. The fact is, some team members never have a single family member see them wrestle. Add to that the amount of posts on this site over the last three years that pooh-poohed his ability, criticized him, and wrote him off -- why wouldn't I feel someone needed to point out his accomplishments?

Yes, you'll see an end to posts about J.D. after this year. Before J.D., it was Robert Smith and Ben Rupp. After this year, who knows -- but I'm always going to celebrate the boys from Eastern who work hard and strive to succeed. Sorry that's tiresome to you.

Widowmaker and Titlfor3, I don't know what teams you follow, but I guess you look at the sport differently from the way I do. I've been involved in wrestling for about 10 years. During that time I've always cheered on and celebrated the members of the entire team. And I pay attention to wrestlers all over the state and celebrate them. I've posted many comments about Harrison Courtney from Woodford and, in the past, Anthony Bailey from Ft. Knox, Caleb Wood and John Wolsifer from Fern Creek, and Keith Lageman from Connor. Off the top of my head, those are just a few I've enjoyed watching and applauding.

Apparently you don't realize Justin Davis was Eastern's first state champ since Derek Sawyer in 2002. Now he's the first repeat state champ since 1981, more than 25 years ago. He's also one of several kids on the team who has been "adopted" by all the active parents. The fact is, some team members never have a single family member see them wrestle. Add to that the amount of posts on this site over the last three years that pooh-poohed his ability, criticized him, and wrote him off -- why wouldn't I feel someone needed to point out his accomplishments?

Yes, you'll see an end to posts about J.D. after this year. Before J.D., it was Robert Smith and Ben Rupp. After this year, who knows -- but I'm always going to celebrate the boys from Eastern who work hard and strive to succeed. Sorry that's tiresome to you.

Well put MatMama.  I usually don't agree with a lot you say, but on this one I do.  I'm personally not a Justin Davis or Eastern fan.  I know the years that I coached, when I watched Justin Davis, his "antics" or the way he carried himself seemed to be cocky, but then again, I don't know the kid, so I can only judge what I see and not what I know.  However, he deserves his recognition for what he has accomplished.  I think it's great when parents back all the wrestlers on a team, not just their kids.  I know from personal experience that doesn't always happen.  I was fortunate to have a group of 2 or 3 parents help me out with all of our kids when I coached at Doss.  Outside of that core group, we had many kids whose parents never saw them wrestle.  I can remember times when I had to leave work Friday night / Saturday morning, drive all the way to the West end of Louisville to pick kids up, drive back to the South end to Doss to pick up other kids, then drive to tournaments in other counties.  After the tournaments, I would drive kids back to the West end and then drive all the way back home to the East end.  If I couldn't do such, then that group of parents always had my back.  That's just part of it.  Often times myself and that core group of parents would buy wrestling shoes and headgear for some of the kids because if we didn't, they wouldn't be able to wrestle because their parents wouldn't purchase those items for them.  These kids became like family to me and I can see where the same thing has happened to you not just in Davis' case, but all kids on Eastern's team.  For that I applaud you.  I can also say, I know of many other times you have posted of other wrestlers and their abilities on this website so people can't say you've limited your comments to Justin Davis.

Well put MatMama.  I usually don't agree with a lot you say, but on this one I do.  I'm personally not a Justin Davis or Eastern fan.  I know the years that I coached, when I watched Justin Davis, his "antics" or the way he carried himself seemed to be cocky, but then again, I don't know the kid, so I can only judge what I see and not what I know.  However, he deserves his recognition for what he has accomplished.  I think it's great when parents back all the wrestlers on a team, not just their kids.  I know from personal experience that doesn't always happen.  I was fortunate to have a group of 2 or 3 parents help me out with all of our kids when I coached at Doss.  Outside of that core group, we had many kids whose parents never saw them wrestle.  I can remember times when I had to leave work Friday night / Saturday morning, drive all the way to the West end of Louisville to pick kids up, drive back to the South end to Doss to pick up other kids, then drive to tournaments in other counties.  After the tournaments, I would drive kids back to the West end and then drive all the way back home to the East end.  If I couldn't do such, then that group of parents always had my back.  That's just part of it.  Often times myself and that core group of parents would buy wrestling shoes and headgear for some of the kids because if we didn't, they wouldn't be able to wrestle because their parents wouldn't purchase those items for them.  These kids became like family to me and I can see where the same thing has happened to you not just in Davis' case, but all kids on Eastern's team.  For that I applaud you.  I can also say, I know of many other times you have posted of other wrestlers and their abilities on this website so people can't say you've limited your comments to Justin Davis.

Thank you, Dragon. Sounds as if you experienced a lot of the same things the Eastern family does.