Sign in to follow this  
singleleg16

Reffing at Hoops?

One of my major problems with refs is  that they don't call stalling all year and then at state they call it hand over fist!!!!!!!! They should call it the same all year. That way we won't call then f....................ing words all day.

I thought it was decent for region 5. Stalling was called pretty consistently. Being out or not was called inconsistently, so sometimes a takedown or escape counted, and other times it didn't. Some takedowns were a little questionable in terms of whether control was really gained. Only one match was decided by a bad call, Davis-Thomson.

I think there are questionable calls at every tournament. Who would even want to go to a tournament without some controversy. Where's the fun in that? The reffing at Hoops Region 5 was as good as you could ask for. Even though there were some calls I didn't agree they were certainly within the margin of human error.

We can get perfect officiation though by rigging up some heat sensing motion sensors, video cams attached to robotic arms, and a computer programmed with all the rules and penalties that could score the matches. This system could replace the refs and the people operating the scoreboards. It will eliminate all the time coaches have to spend discussing calls with the refs too! It will probably even save a lot of time people spend filming matches!

I was wandering if anybody felt that the some of the reffs reffed poorly or had little experience, or was the reffing average

Couldn't you have waited a little longer than 30 minutes for a response?

I think there are questionable calls at every tournament. Who would even want to go to a tournament without some controversy. Where's the fun in that? The reffing at Hoops Region 5 was as good as you could ask for. Even though there were some calls I didn't agree they were certainly within the margin of human error.

We can get perfect officiation though by rigging up some heat sensing motion sensors, video cams attached to robotic arms, and a computer programmed with all the rules and penalties that could score the matches. This system could replace the refs and the people operating the scoreboards. It will eliminate all the time coaches have to spend discussing calls with the refs too! It will probably even save a lot of time people spend filming matches!

LOL. Yes, that wouldn't be any fun, especially 'cause I get a lot of pleasure out of complaining about one ref in particular.