Sign in to follow this  
Region 7

Lexington City Tournament

at 135- Stockwell had Podorski beat but they took away points for choking i beleive while he had him in a cradle, i cant quite figure out how he would have managed to be choking Jack in the position they were, and it looked like after they stopped it for choking stockwell just rolled over with under 10 sec remaining i believe.

The ref gave 2 sets of back points for the same cradle for Stockwell, so he took 1 set back off the score.  Not for choking.

at 135- Stockwell had Podorski beat but they took away points for choking i beleive while he had him in a cradle, i cant quite figure out how he would have managed to be choking Jack in the position they were, and it looked like after they stopped it for choking stockwell just rolled over with under 10 sec remaining i believe.

at 140- the kimbrell v. sutter match went all six min. with it coming down to the last seconds with kimbrell scoring a reversal but nt being able to hold on to seal the deal and suter either got a reversal or escape and takedown

i believe 

no that wasnt it at all. stockwell had a cradle locked up, got two back points as jack fought off his back. then without breaking his grip, stockwell turned him again, and got a five count for three back, and instead of giving stockwell the extra point, five points were signaled. two points had to be removed due to a misunderstanding.

Results (From Memory-don't be too hard on me)

Team

Tates Creek  234

Henry Clay   203

Lafayette    179.5

Dunbar        173 ( I think didn't hear clearly)

Bryan Station  61

Milford  (11-3)

Abney

Hanley

Massarone

Bryant (pin 3rd, I think)

Milford

Elgumat

Eqal

Zarth (pin 1st)

Lacy

Davis

Gerson

Hedges (pin 2nd)

Tuggle

Mims

English

Whalen (pin 1st)

Kerr

Saem

Arnold

Podgorski (pin 3rd)

Stockwell (BEST FINAL MATCH, battle til a Podgorski pin very late Stockwell wrestled well)

?

?

Guiler    (dominated don't remembr score)

Stringer

Suter

Kimbrell (very good match with both Guiler and Suter)

Walton (11-2 i think)

?

Lalonde

Stringer

Wright 7-4 win vs. Murrell

Murrell

Henry Clay

Henrry Clay JV

Caldren (18-3 I think, could have ended in a pin don't remember)

Ott

Kenner

Kincel

Leddy

Thompson (gave Leddy a good match) 5-2 final

Hooker

Arnett

Griggs (pin 2nd)

Sam Bryant

Rigsby

Mo. Bryant

Brown 17-8 final (I think )

Kinder

Freddy ? (TC JV)

Prasavic

HWT

Gray  (pin 1st)

Cooper

Lafayette

Dunbar

No Chidrey

just to fill in some holes,

135: Cooper henry clay over the lafayette kid.

145: john walton henry clay over feese laf 4-2

152: great match against wright and murrell.

i love watching these two compete against eachother.

With all the injuries that TC has suffered, do they still have a shot? I've heard they're a lot worse than is known publicly, any truth to the rumor?

Final Lexinton team scores

1.  Tates Creek 234

2.  Henry Clay 203

3.  Lafayette 179.5

4.  Paul Lawrence Dunbar 171

5.  Bryan Station 56

103- 1. Milford (PD) 2. Abney (TC) 3. Hanley (LA) 4. Massarone (TC)

112  1. Bryant (LA) 2. Milford (PD) 3. Elgumati (TC) 4. Eqal (TC)

119  1.Zarth (HC) 2. Lacy (LA) 3. Davis (TC) 4. Gerson (TC)

125  1. Hedges (TC) 2. Tuggle (HC) 3. Mimms (HC) 4. English (LA)

130  1.Whalen (HC) 2. Kerr (TC) 3. Salem (TC) 4. Arnold (PD)

135  1. Podgorski (HC) 2. Stockwell (TC) 3. Cooper (HC) 4. McLetchie (LA)

140  1. Guiler (HC) 2. Stringer (PD) 3. Suiter (BS) 4. Kimbrell (TC)

145  1.Walton (HC) 2. Feese (LA) 3. LaLonde (TC) 4. Stringer (PD)

152  1. Wright (TC) 2. Morrell (PD) 3. Pritchard (HC) 4. Cadle (LA)

160  1. Calderon (BS) 2. Ott (PD) 3. Kenner (LA) 4. Kinsel (TC)

171  1.Leddy (PD) 2. Thompson (LA) 3. Hooker (HC) 4. Arnett (BS)

189  1. Griggs (TC) 2. Bryant (LA) 3. Rigsby (TC) 4. Bryant (HC)

215  1.Brown (LA) 2. Kinder (TC) 3. Shadeh (TC) 4. Prassvic (HC)

285  1. Gray (TC) 2. Cooper (HC) 3. Robinson (LA) 4. Moore (PD)

I think if you want to accomplish this winning the region title would go a long way. Yesterday was a very good showing but a region title would be even more impressive.

Yes and thats what were aiming for. And theres City teams that say " Tates Creek Is Fading Away". When i went out to wrestle everytime i kept that in the back of my head. Don't you guys just love it when it came down to the City Tournament And TATES CREEK won it. We aren't fading away anytime soon.

I thought TC had a great showing today. We had our 130, and 215 back finally after suffering from injuries. I do believe we have suffered pretty hard from injuries and people being sick but our team is coming back together with our 171 Jake Soard hopefully returning for regionals ( our 112 Zac Brown obviously being out).

A large part of our success today was not only our Varsity team but our JV team knocking out many of the other city kids. Look at how many of Tates Creek's JVs were competing for 3rd and 4th! Some of our JV's such as Freddy Shadeh had big wins over ranked wrestlers like Mirza.

the jvs did work very hard this week. i had wrestled mirza at the five star classic and he had beaten me. i couldnt let it go it was eating me alive. when i wrestled him the first and second time i bumped up from 189 and had high hopes of beating him and i did, a pin in the second. the jvs may not have scored team points but they helped stop other teams from beating tc. TC will  not be fading away anytime soon!!

beating woodford county next weekend is going to be tough. we are going to have to have a few upsets and have none of our guys upset in order to win it all.

I don't think anyone is being cocky. I just don't see anyone having enough 103-HWT to knock off Woodford Co. this year. If Zac Brown were healthy I'd say TC might win the whole thing, without him, I just don't think it's going to happen.

I think the region will shake out like this

Woodford Co.

Tates Creek

Henry Clay

Harrison Co./Franklin Co.

Lafayette/PLD

Montgomery Co./Bourbon Co.

Bryan Station/Western Hills

yeah with all of zacs points, and woodford not having any coming from 112, that would have helped us a lot, but now without him, it will be really tough.

i agree about tates creek being able to possibly beat woodford if zac brown were there but most likly not now

On another note i think that there is the possibility of Bryan station being able to knock off montgomery or bourben if they have all of their wrestlers there, it didnt look like they had very many show up and wrestle compared to how many they normally do. (i know, still not alot when they are all there) but just my opinion 

yeah with all of zacs points, and woodford not having any coming from 112, that would have helped us a lot, but now without him, it will be really tough.

what do you mean no points at 112 for woodford? what about dayne lewis? you don't think he will put up any points. im sorry but i don't see tates creek winning a region title.

what do you mean no points at 112 for woodford? what about dayne lewis? you don't think he will put up any points. im sorry but i don't see tates creek winning a region title.

That's a real possibilty. Lewis is 10-2, he will face some stiff competition for the 3 and 4 spot, from Clay and Lopez.

i also was unaware woodford had filled the 112 spot.