• L. Jones
    • B. Ervin
    • B. Bryant
    • Willen
    • Brown
    • Canter
    • Brummett
    • Gilkey

Region 4 will win the most.....watch for them Saturday....Good luck if you get them !

89 lbs.....Micheal Whelan....Henry Clay.....under the radar !  Varsity most of year !

96 lbs.....Luke Rearic.....Lafayette......under the radar ! Has beaten 4 ranked 103 HS !

117 lbs....Tevon Clay......South Elkhorn......How could you leave out ?...undefeated !

124 lbs.....Josh Lopez......South Elkhorn......quick, bad call at Region......will redeem !

The Vanover brothers will win as well !

Whoever started this post has not done their homework.......

So much for your poor picks....you must be from Louisville...!

Only a couple of these wrestlers are from Louisville.  Most are from Northern KY plus Union Co. area I believe.

Region 4 will win the most.....watch for them Saturday....Good luck if you get them !

89 lbs.....Micheal Whelan....Henry Clay.....under the radar !  Varsity most of year !

96 lbs.....Luke Rearic.....Lafayette......under the radar ! Has beaten 4 ranked 103 HS !

117 lbs....Tevon Clay......South Elkhorn......How could you leave out ?...undefeated !

124 lbs.....Josh Lopez......South Elkhorn......quick, bad call at Region......will redeem !

The Vanover brothers will win as well !

If you don't like my picks start your on poll.  I agree that some of your picks will win state, Clay and Vanover brothers.  But I dont see any of them winning MOW.  Most of my picks are multiple time state winners, and most are undefeated just like Tevon Clay.  A couple of them Cooper, Willen, Holtsclaw are highly ranked High School Wrestlers.  Hell I think Holtsclaw won the WCI this year. 

Your list looks Good to me, probably could add Preston at 165. As far as 117 that is the weakest weight class in the state. And your boy at 124 got STUCK. No bad calls about it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

i'm gonna agree with that

a.j. binder has a good chance this year, i think.

I'm sure Binder is a really good wrestler form what I've read about him, but I'd have a hard time voting for anyone at 70, 75, or even 82. The only reason I say that is a lot of the kids are 5th and 6th graders.  When you get up to 103, 110, etc. you have mostly 8th graders filling the bracket and even more kids pushing them for starting spots on their own team.  Of course there are two ways to look at MOW, the guy that dominates and only spends 5 or 6 min on the mat, or the guy that wins the toughest weight class.  Should be interesting and fun, good luck.

Turk,I know that is peoples thoughts,if they are little they are young.I wrestled 98 way back in the stone age.Everyone would say to me you wrestle a bunch of 7th and 8th graders,but there was 6 seniors in a 16 man bracket at state.I think John Fahey  proves it doesn't matter what grade your in.

This year you could make a good argument for whoever wins the 75 lb weight class could be the mow. This is probably the most balanced class in the tournament with 4 to 8 guys being able to win. However I do agree with Turk as to the youth of the class preventing that wrestler from winning.

Heavyweight is pretty balanced with the top 5 to 6 guys and if any one guy runs through the tournament pinning all the way they would have to get consideration.

Before seeing the matches my vote would have to go to whoever wins the 103 lb class. With Wedding, Canter and Willen in that class this is probably the toughest weight to win.

Fahy will put on a great showing at 96 but the competition level is not up to the 103 lb class.

Wedding beat Fahy two years ago in the semi's and canter beat Fahy easily in the state championship last year. Fahy hasn't wrestled much this year at all so I think it'd be impossible to give him MOW unless he puts on a show because there is no way he'd even win 103.

103 is a tough call....... I think Holtzclaw and Cooper are sure things.....

It is just that you left out a few who have impressed me.....Whalen is quick and strong.....Rearic, Clay and I feel Lopez are definitely Finals material.....all under the radar and flying high.......!

Should be a great tournament.....Good luck to all !

yeah whalen is really good, he just doesnt get a chance to wrestle much middle school, because of him wrestling high school. he has a lot of heart though, if he wrestles, he should do really well.

yeah whalen is really good, he just doesnt get a chance to wrestle much middle school, because of him wrestling high school. he has a lot of heart though, if he wrestles, he should do really well.

Is this joe whallen's brother