Sign in to follow this  
cswaite

Elementary Reigonals and State

I need contact info for our kiddos for elementary regionals and state. We are from North Hardin. I am new to this so please be patient. I know the dates, I am just not sure on who to contact and times. Any information would be highly appreciated.

Regional Alignments

Kentucky will be divided into (6) regions for purposes of the Regional Tournaments.  The Regions are as follows:

Region 1 West

Ballard, Hickman, Carlisle, Fulton, McCracken, Graves, Marshall, Calloway, Hancock, Davies, Henderson, Union, Crittenden, Livingston, Lyon, Trigg, Christian, Todd,      Logan, Simpson, Butler, Ohio, Muhlenberg, Hopkins, Caldwell, Webster, Mclean, Warren

Region 2 Louisville

Trimble, Henry, Shelby, Spencer, Nelson, Larue, Hart, Edmondson, Grayson, Hardin, Bullit, Oldham, Meade, Breckinridge, Jefferson

Region 3 Northern

Boone, Kenton, Campbell, Gallatin, Carroll, Owen, Grant, Pendelton, Harrison, Robertson, Mason, Bracken

Region 4 Central

Scott, Franklin, Bourbon, Nicholas, Bath, Montgomery, Clark, Fayette, Woodford, Anderson, Washington, Mercer, Jessamine, Madison, Marion, Boyle, Garrard, Estill,      Powell

Region 5 East

Lewis, Fleming, Greenup, Boyd, Carter, Rowan, Elliot, Lawrence, Martin, Johnson, Morgan, Menifee, Wolfe, Magoffin, Floyd, Pike, Knott, Letcher, Harlin, Leslie, Perry,      Breathitt,  Lee

Region 6 South

Lincoln, Casey, Taylor, Green, Barren, Allen, Monroe, Metcalfe, Cumberland, Clinton, Russell, Adair, Pulaski, McCreary, Whitley, Bell, Knox, Clay, Laurel, Owsley,      Jackson, Rockcastle

Excuse my geographic ignorance but I believe you need to contact Efrin Quirino at River City Wrestling for Regional information if you are in the Louisville region.

5th Annual Youth State Tournament

March 7th, 2009

Fern Creek High School

9115 Fern Creek Rd

Louisville, KY 40291

Doors open at 6:30am

Wrestling begins at 8am for ages 5-8

1st session check-ins will be 7-9pm March 6th and 6:30-7:30am March 7th

Wrestling begins at 1pm for ages 9-12

2nd session check-ins will be 7-9pm March 6th and 11am-12pm March 7th

$10 registration fee per wrestler

Coaches must verify skin condition, hair, and nails are compliant on their wrestler

Each team is responsible for providing 4 TRAINED tableworkers for 1 session.

Mandatory Coaches meeting 7:00 p.m. Friday 3/6/09

Admissions:

Adults: $5

Children 5-18: $3

NO COOLERS

Eligibility Rules

1.  Responsibility for Eligibility

Each team is responsible for verification of eligibility.  All wrestlers must have a

REGION ONE

Kentucky State Youth Wrestling Association

WRESTLING TOURNAMENT

FEBRUARY 28, 2009

YOU MUST WRESTLE IN THE REGIONAL TOURNAMENT TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE STATE TOURNAMENT!!! 

ELIGIBILITY:  Pre-registrations only! All registrations must be received no later than Saturday, February 21st.  Wrestlers must make their registered weight.  There will be no refunds and no bumping up for wrestlers that do not make weight.  All Wrestlers MUST be twelve years old and under as of January 1st 2009, currently attend school in Kentucky, and maintain physical residence in the state of Kentucky.  Coaches/parents must bring a copy of most recent report card in case of eligibility challenges.  Tournament director reserves the right to decline registration for any wrestler.

ENTRY FEE:  $10 per wrestler.  (In addition, the state association will require a $100 membership fee to compete in the state tournament)

TIMES:  Weigh-ins 8 AM

once again WAYNE COUNTY is left out of the REGION 6 (SOUTH) bracket. Its kind of important to include them, being they R hosting the region 6 tournament!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

once again WAYNE COUNTY is left out of the REGION 6 (SOUTH) bracket. Its kind of important to include them, being they R hosting the region 6 tournament!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suggestion-instead of writing in caps (yelling) and using excessive punctuation, maybe you could PM new guy and he could update the regions.  I am sure it was just an oversight.

I noticed on the flyer for the youth state tourney that we are responsible for providing 4 tables workers?  Is this something mandatory from the association?  I don't think I have enough parents w/ the knowledge to work tables.  I've only started grasping the concept this year.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Elementary State Tournament

Jameson Inn in Louisville has offered a discount for the Elementary State Tournament on their rooms.  They are offering rates of $69 if you tell them you are with the Elementary State Wrestling Tournament.  Below is the information for the hotel.

Jameson Inn South

6515 Signature Dr

Louisville, KY 40213-3558 US

Phone: 502-968-4100

Supplying table workers is something that was decided at the youth state wrestling meeting.  If you come from a smaller team and only have a few that can help, we will work with you. 

In 30' you can train just about anybody to be a tableworker.  Get some bout sheets, from your High school coach or off the web, have a couple kids wrestle a match with a ref while scoring the match and you'll be fine.  Parents are always a bit apprehensive at first but actually enjoy it and learn much more about the sport. 

We only need one person to keep score, another to flip the score pad, one timer, and one more to keep the kids lined up on deck.  Three people can do it just as well if the scorekeeper also operates the score board.

We appreciate all the teams help and feel it is vital to keep Youth wrestling growing.  In just 3 yrs we've added well over 40 new teams.

Yes, there will be team trophies.  If there are multiple kids, from the same team at one class, only the highest scorer receives team points.  This means only one point scorer per weight/age class.

No advancement points.

1st    16

2nd    12 

3rd      8

4th      4

Thanks Stan,

one more for ya...if you know...

my son who is 6..

has no set weight class

How does that work?

If he weighs 50 pounds, then they will make a bracket with kids within 10% of each other.  So the bracket could end up being 6 kids that weigh between 48 and 52 pounds. 

Can Ranger or someone answer this question?  For example, 70lb weight class, the older kids 11-12,  are you going to have a bracket for 11 year olds and one for the 12 year olds or are they going to be mixed?

Can Ranger or someone answer this question?  For example, 70lb weight class, the older kids 11-12,  are you going to have a bracket for 11 year olds and one for the 12 year olds or are they going to be mixed?

That is a good question.  I don't recall how it was done last year, but there will likely be 2 or 3 brackets of kids in that age/weight group.  So when the group is split into separate brackets I assume age is one of the criteria used.  I believe they also try to split up kids from the same team.

11 & 12 year olds will not be separated.  It is one division. 

In the case of multiple brackets within the same weight an effort will be made to base brackets on age then weight.

I heard that there will be more than one state champ for each weight class! How does everyone feel about that?

Do we have to get that started again?  The bottom line is we are cutting the brackets at 8.  If there are 45 11-12 year old 65 pounders then yes there will be 6 state champs.  Oh well.  This is about participation and building the sport throughout the state not making sure we are crowning the true champion of the world.