Sign in to follow this  
112S.C.

WOODFORD COUNTY!?!

Well, it is kind of difficult, jpizar, since woodford takes up nearly 1/4 of the crowd. Not many teams have that many fans follow wrestling.

Who else has every home match broadcast over the web w/ color commentary?

Well, it is kind of difficult, jpizar, since woodford takes up nearly 1/4 of the crowd. Not many teams have that many fans follow wrestling.

That's not just for wrestling though, it's for all Woodford Co. Sports.

Even Tennis?

I don't know, maybe.  I think they just got into full swing with the video webcasts last fall, so I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.

Even Tennis?

Well, so far they have broadcasted soccer (men's and women's), basketball (men's and women's), wrestling, and football. I am pretty sure they will be broadcasting every sport now that they have the ability. Over 3000 people watched the finals of WCI and over 12,000 watched the women's soccer game against East Jessimine. So I would say that tennis will get some coverage as well.

I dont wanna say that Woodford has lost their dominance so to speak but we have to remember that Woodford graduated like 6 kids. The only guys they have that will carry them in state will be Bracco and Courtney.  Hope i spelled that right and if i didnt i appologise.

I dont wanna say that Woodford has lost their dominance so to speak but we have to remember that Woodford graduated like 6 kids. The only guys they have that will carry them in state will be Bracco and Courtney.  Hope i spelled that right and if i didnt i appologise.

actually woodford graduated 10 seniors last year. so they lost more then half of there team. but this is more of a rebuilding year for them

You spelled their names right but not apologize.  :-D

Logsdon, Travis K, McCall, White, Guagliardo, Semones and Gentry might have something to say about that.

actually woodford graduated 10 seniors last year. so they lost more then half of there team. but this is more of a rebuilding year for them

BTW we prefer the term reload instead of rebuild.  Sorry I couldn't resist. :-D

Having the St. Tourn. 5 minutes from Woodford contributes to the crowd size.

yea woodfords crowd is huge but they sit in the same place each year so everyone know where they are

yeah, and those 13 state titles and plethora of indiv. champs has nothing to do with their overwhelming crowd support. nope. not a bit. 8-)

you could hold the tourney in paducah and woodford would still bring the most, is my point.

yeah, and those 13 state titles and plethora of indiv. champs has nothing to do with their overwhelming crowd support. nope. not a bit. 8-)

you could hold the tourney in paducah and woodford would still bring the most, is my point.

I think that's true. At the Dragon, I thought Woodford fans and team members behaved fine. Over the years I've seen obnoxious fans and wrestlers from lots of teams. No one team is perfect, and no one team is hateful. It's always bad to generalize because of a group someone comes from.

I will also say -- I continue to be impressed with Harrison Courtney. He's an awesome wrestler as well as a decent young man.