Sign in to follow this  
mccc_wrestling

high school wrestlers popping back up in middel school

Sorry. I had to go eat some fish. What else did he say?

I said, next Monday is good Friday. And the following Tuesday of last week there will be a meeting for the mothers, fathers only. Admission is free so pay at the door.

There's where I think you are exaggerating your point.  IF the Ohio coach was courteous enough to call the OHSAA, they'd simply say "we have a middle school kid who wrestles varsity in Ky for a team coming to our invite...their coach says he is eligible in Ky...can I let him wrestler our kids".  The OHSAA would reply "yes".  And that would be it.

IPEA you would have made an awesome lawyer.  Just buy your bottle of boone's, and enjoy some of mano y mano's finely aged cheese and don't be shy on double or nothing time.

Oh I'm sorry pioneer_pride, a courteous Ohio coach!  I thought I read where Cooper middle schoolers were NOT allowed to wrestle an official match in Ohio. The matches were exhibition. There team points were NOT allowed. I didn't realize in my example we were dealing with a COURTEOUS COACH. Silly me! Please disregard what a typed earlier. Geez!

Oh I'm sorry pioneer_pride, a courteous Ohio coach!  I thought I read where Cooper middle schoolers were NOT allowed to wrestle an official match in Ohio. The matches were exhibition. There team points were NOT allowed. I didn't realize in my example we were dealing with a COURTEOUS COACH. Silly me! Please disregard what a typed earlier. Geez!

lol.  ok, i'll pretend to be you for a minute.  Please read below.

Ok I-pinned-em-all, please re-read my post a couple of times and try to keep up.  I said IF the coach were courteous enough to call the OHSAA.  Keyword IF.  I put emphasis on the word IF to imply that I doubted they would even do that.  But since in your earlier post you mentioned that the coach might call the OHSAA....i played along.  Do you understand now? 

Here might the technicality. Although, Ms. Moore (did not see the PHD on the website), is assistant com. for elgibility and may certainly know the answer.  However, it is my understanding that the letter in question came from Ms. Roxanne Price, assist. com.  who had received the question in question from Zaborniak who oversees wrestling.  It is also my understanding that they agreed to agree and that KMS were indeed elgible to wrestle.

I would suggest that any coach of any middle schooler wrestling across the river get a copy of this letter in case there are any questions the day of the tournament.  Who has time to read and understand bylaws the morning of a tournament.

I would also suggest the tournament directors be notified ahead of time. 

IPEA, maybe insulting someones intelligence with snide, sarcastic remakes like you make, isn't really a PERSONAL attack , but I, at this time or any other, have never made a derogatory remark about you nor anyone else on here. Also never did I dispute what you were saying came from your correspondence with DR. Whomever from the OHSAA. I only stated what our coach had received from the OHSAA in the form of an email, which he was kind enough to present for everyone to read. Perhaps the email was not enough to sufficiently answer all question that were unanswered. Not really sure. I only stated the gist of what it contained. I don't care to dispute the matter with you or anyone else any further. Maybe we can return to the original intent of this topic.. High school wrestlers popping back up in middle school.. A few of the kids I know of are:

Wade Holtsclaw

Kevin Cooper

Lane Jones

Caleb Canter

Coach Brown, I have not seen the two kids wrestling for you yet. (Samuel and Solomon) What weights are they wresting in middle school?

Solomon is ggoing 185 and samuel 235

Here might the technicality. Although, Ms. Moore (did not see the PHD on the website), is assistant com. for elgibility and may certainly know the answer.  However, it is my understanding that the letter in question came from Ms. Roxanne Price, assist. com.  who had received the question in question from Zaborniak who oversees wrestling.  It is also my understanding that they agreed to agree and that KMS were indeed elgible to wrestle.

I would suggest that any coach of any middle schooler wrestling across the river get a copy of this letter in case there are any questions the day of the tournament.  Who has time to read and understand bylaws the morning of a tournament.

I would also suggest the tournament directors be notified ahead of time. 

Great advice.

IPEA,

Funny you mention the scenerio.  It just so happened to be the situation.  I am not sure who blew the whistle but I have a hunch it was the host team in which we were supposed to wrestle in a dual.  We had seen them in a scrimmage prior to that.  I argued my case but lost.  

I immediately corresponded with the person who oversees wrestling in the OHSAA which I think grapplehed mentioned is Zaborniak.  He/she then contacted Roxanne price.  I immediately received the email posted earlier.  

Ironically, I sent the corresponding email to the host coach for future reference.  We saw them a few weeks ago, and no questions were asked.

After a phone call, bottom line interpretation was that if you are Eligible by KHSAA, you are eligible in any other state.  I believe there have been MS from Minn wrestle in the Ironman.  

Getting back to your situation, in reality, just like a skin condition, you have the paperwork but if the head official says "shababena"  you are out of luck.  I could see that happening.  But if they don't have their paperwork to stand on, I would fight it.  My immediate reaction would be to pull the whole team to screw the brackets up, but that would not be fair to the other kids.  

Well I agree with REFDAD -- My Son is an 8th grader but he is having to file in the #189 spot for his team--none of the kids on his middle school team can beat him so im proud that the coach ask him to move up--as of last night he is 16 an 10 Varsity.. So we will see what happens come this weekend at Larue co.. Plus I know both the Vanover boys and they are great kids, they work there butts off to be as good as they are.