• Johnson Central
    • Sheldon Clark

Guest DAWG6

Can anyone beat Wayne@

103 Travis Sullivan

112 Cody Vinsant

119 Bryan Daniels

152 Joey Sanders

There is a lot of talk about Wayne, McCreary, and Sheldon Clark, what about the other teams in the region Ashland could have a few place winners or Perry central. And I know Johnson Central is tuff. Who could make it to STATE? Could any other schools like Letcher or Pike or Prestonsburg have anybody make it to STATE?

Bred130, Sullivan has had great success at 103 the past two years and is a great wrestler. However, I will go out on a limb and say that he will meet one of, if not the biggest threat to defending his title as early as the Region 8 finals. Mr. Spencer from Johnson Central could give 'ole Sullivan a run for his money. Remeber, upsets are not uncommon in the region 8 finals.

Who voted for Johnson Central?

This regional tourny comes down to two teams, McCreary and Wayne. Sheldon will finish 3rd, and Ashland and Johnson will be battling it out for 4th.

The championship will be decided at 112, 119, 140, and 160. These weight classes (not so much the champion, but the 2-4) will decide the champ!!

i believe johnson central will be closer to the top than 4th,,,spencer 103 kestner,,,,,130 patrick,,,,135 and alot of other good wrestlers that might create some problems...... :lol:

I wouldnt call a five point match easy. I am just saying if he over looks Evans he will be watching the finals not wrestling in them, that goes for anybody that looks past someone and into their next match. It happens all the time

In no way do I mean this post to demean Evans or insinuate that Spencer should overlook him, but I was proviledged to watch that match and will assert that Corey didn't have much trouble. He gave up a cheap reversal as time expired or it would have been a 7 point victory. More importantly, Corey was had a clear experience and technique advantage. Evans is a good wrestler who will do well this year, but Spencer is a returning 103 state semi-finalist who has dramatically improved.