Sign in to follow this  
out side sweep

most dominant

Jpizar,

I didn't know Kellen Russell wrestled in KY before going to Blair? why hasn't he been mentioned as one of KY's best?  :-D

Just messin with ya, I'm sure you meant Kellen Ashworth and just made a mental error.

Lol you're right.  It was Kellen Ashworth, didn't he have a brother Kyle that was supposed to be awesome too?

I highly doubt it. And even Harrison isn't undefeated throughout high school. Remember Pat Banks freshman year? Larue Woodford state duals finals...

i knew he wasnt undefeated, but i would also like to know other people with amazing records like harrisons, and travis. wasnt joe carrs record rediculous?

In overtime Theuneman shot a good double.  Courtney used his momentum against him and lateral dropped Theuneman to his back for the winning score.  He then worked for the fall and got it.

If you blinked your eyes you missed this lateral.  I'm still not sure how in the heck Harrison landed on top.  I was on the other side of the gym, but from my view it appeared Daniel actually had both Harrison's legs up in the air and somehow Courtney rolled through and landed on top.  Courtney was pretty much in control the 1st & 2nd periods, but the momentum was definitely on Theuneman's side in OT.

If you blinked your eyes you missed this lateral.  I'm still not sure how in the heck Harrison landed on top.  I was on the other side of the gym, but from my view it appeared Daniel actually had both Harrison's legs up in the air and somehow Courtney rolled through and landed on top.  Courtney was pretty much in control the 1st & 2nd periods, but the momentum was definitely on Theuneman's side in OT.

Yeah I thought Theuneman was going to finish the takedown and win the match too.  Theuneman was a good wrestler and I tried to recruit him but he didn't want to continue his career.

Doesnt Joe have the record for ky wins?

I think so unless Sullivan passed him.  Joe had the national record for a long time as well.  At the time Ian Horn, another 5x placer and 3x champ from Woodford was 2nd on the list.  That was pretty cool having two wrestlers from the same school at 1 and 2, especially from KY.

i think sullivan passed him his junior year. wasnt there a story about it in the paper?

oh yeah. I think that sullivan actually surpassed the national record. beating out Cael Sanderson. then he lost his last three matches of his high school career (state finals then 0-2 senior nationals)

Cael Sanderson never had the national high school record.  Sanderson graduated from high school the same year as Joe Joe, 1997.  Sanderson has the college national record for most wins at 159.  In case you didn't know Sanderson also never lost a match which, needless to say, is VERY impressive.  Joe Joe was passed by Roger Kish of Lapeer West High School in Michigan (wrestled for Minnesota, 2x All-American, finalist, was hurt bad his last year as a senior and was still a match away from All-American status.  I think a couple others passed Joe as well if I'm not mistaken.

Cael Sanderson never had the national high school record.  Sanderson graduated from high school the same year as Joe Joe, 1997.  Sanderson has the college national record for most wins at 159.  In case you didn't know Sanderson also never lost a match which, needless to say, is VERY impressive.  Joe Joe was passed by Roger Kish of Lapeer West High School in Michigan (wrestled for Minnesota, 2x All-American, finalist, was hurt bad his last year as a senior and was still a match away from All-American status.  I think a couple others passed Joe as well if I'm not mistaken.

well forgive me... lol. i guess he just had more high school career wins than Cael because what i heard about was him surpassing Cael's number of high school career wins.

I know I'll be third on the list with 272 career wins, and top ten in pins with 145 as soon as I turn in all my paper work. I missed a lot of matches too from my soph to junior year.

and you are?? lol how the heck are we supposed to know who you are?

and you are?? lol how the heck are we supposed to know who you are?

lol thats what i was thinking. anyway, what about sullivan? he had what record?

lol thats what i was thinking. anyway, what about sullivan? he had what record?

im pretty sure that he has the record for most career wins in kentucky. not sure though. grappler of old? can you help with this?

why the hell is your name allamerican125? this account must be like 18 years old. lol

lol  :-D plus i just want to put it out there that tc125 and i have been dominating these threads lately. kentuckywrestling would be nothing witout the two of us, danger, and ranger123.

You do realize you're witnessing (if he pulls through again this year) the ONLY 6x state placer ever right?

ah ah ahhh jpizar... not so fast.

Livngston Merrit:

1992- 7th Grade- 5th at 140

1993- 8th Grade- 4th at 152

1994- 9th Grade- 3rd at 189

1995-10th Grade- 1st at 215

1996-11th Grade- 1st at 215

1997-12th Grade- 1st at 275

those are some impressive statistics.

ah ah ahhh jpizar... not so fast.

Livngston Merrit:

1992- 7th Grade- 5th at 140

1993- 8th Grade- 4th at 152

1994- 9th Grade- 3rd at 189

1995-10th Grade- 1st at 215

1996-11th Grade- 1st at 215

1997-12th Grade- 1st at 275

those are some impressive statistics.

not as impressive as harrisons. four state titles?

not as impressive as harrisons. four state titles?

thats why we're talking about Harrison being the best ever in Ky or not. But i think that i would prefer to place 5th and 4th than 8th and 3rd. That just seems better to me.

Can anyone recall who Livingston Merritt lost to in 94 at 189? I assume it was in the semi-finals??

thats why we're talking about Harrison being the best ever in Ky or not. But i think that i would prefer to place 5th and 4th than 8th and 3rd. That just seems better to me.

Can anyone recall who Livingston Merritt lost to in 94 at 189? I assume it was in the semi-finals??

a third place finish to me, is better than a 5th place finish and an 8th place finish. that even disregards his 8th place finish. i would rather win state once, than be a four time 3rd place finisher. maybe its just me, but the glory of the finals would outweigh any other finish, no matter how many times, by far.

a third place finish to me, is better than a 5th place finish and an 8th place finish. that even disregards his 8th place finish. i would rather win state once, than be a four time 3rd place finisher. maybe its just me, but the glory of the finals would outweigh any other finish, no matter how many times, by far.

i was talking about their 7th and 8th grade years. Livingston placed 5th and 4th, while Harrison placed 8th and 3rd.

yeah i know you were, but placing is placing. third is third, and fifth is fifth. its a case by case situation on which is better. maybe you got fifth cause you lost to the state champ first round, then the third placer next, but have beaten the fourth placer and runner up. or maybe its flipped you only got third cause everyone else was on the other side of the bracket. the only place to me that means anything is first. thats without question why you got first. no one can say you only got first everyone else was on the other side of the bracket, cause you still had to beat who ever it was that beat them.

not trying to take anything away from lower finishes, like i said its case by case. so unless i actually look at who harrison beat, and who the other guy beat to get their finishes. i cant say which is better...

yeah i know you were, but placing is placing. third is third, and fifth is fifth. its a case by case situation on which is better. maybe you got fifth cause you lost to the state champ first round, then the third placer next, but have beaten the fourth placer and runner up. or maybe its flipped you only got third cause everyone else was on the other side of the bracket. the only place to me that means anything is first. thats without question why you got first. no one can say you only got first everyone else was on the other side of the bracket, cause you still had to beat who ever it was that beat them.

not trying to take anything away from lower finishes, like i said its case by case. so unless i actually look at who harrison beat, and who the other guy beat to get their finishes. i cant say which is better...

okay thats understandable. but i bet harrison couldn't do a backflip after winning the finals, while weighing 275 pounds!