Sign in to follow this  
Wildblueeyes

Region 7 - Top 4

brandon abney will be a powerhouse at 103 with all the weight he is cutting. im not completely convinced that pat or robert will beat him. it will definetly be a close match both ways. i'm looking forward to seeing andy lenz and zac brown in the finals at 112. 119 should be matt zarth no contest this year. region 7 119 is weak this year it seems. i see danial griggs and nathan gray also winning region. harrison courtney will of couse win again. those are the only definetes that i can think of off the top of my head.

There was a kid at the scrimmage last week wrestling for Henry Clay I think they called Jasmine?? He looked really good, I'm not sure if he has wrestled before.

Also a couple of kids to look out for are Steven Kimbrell at Tates Creek, Drew Kincel at Tates Creek,  Brandon Barnett at Harrison Co., Tavon Clay good looking youngster out of Franklin Co., and John Stout from Bourbon Co.

brandon abney will be a powerhouse at 103 with all the weight he is cutting. im not completely convinced that pat or robert will beat him. it will definetly be a close match both ways. i'm looking forward to seeing andy lenz and zac brown in the finals at 112. 119 should be matt zarth no contest this year. region 7 119 is weak this year it seems. i see danial griggs and nathan gray also winning region. harrison courtney will of couse win again. those are the only definetes that i can think of off the top of my head.

i wouldnt say that his wieght cutting is gonna be good for his wrestling. a lot of his weight was his strength. so i would bet that his weight loss might just slow him down, like it does with a lot of other high weight cutters.

According to the rankings

4  PD  Pat Milford  11

5  Wood Co  Robert Bracco  11

18  Mon Co  John Anderson 

2  Har Co  Andy Lenz  12

7  TC  Zac Brown  11

16  Laf  Will Bryant  10

1  HC  Matt Zarth  12

9  Wood Co  Mack Logsdon  11

11  Laf  Jimmy Lacy  10

6  Fr Co  Bryan Thompson  12

9  Wood Co  Travis Krauziewicz  11

11  TC  Kasey Hedges  12

4  HC  Jack Podgorski  12

20  Har Co  Cody Ward  12

5  HC  Cody Guiler  11

9  Har Co  Trevor Maxwell  12

11  BS  Desmond Suter  12 

17  Har Co  Josh Moss  11

7  PD  Logan Murrell  12

20  TC  Andrew Wright 

1  Wood Co  Harrison Courtney  12

14  Fr Co  Josh Broning 

16  Har Co  Seth Coy  12

20  WH  Mark Davis  11

9  Fr Co  Jeremy Gardner  11

10  PD  Nick Leddy  12

20  Laf  Dusty Thompson  11

5  TC  Daniel Griggs  12

11  Wood Co  Bill Semones  12

17  Har Co  Brandon Barnett  10

13  TC  Dodd Kinder  11

3  TC  Nathan Gray  12

20  BS  Jesse Chilrey  11

According to the rankings

4   PD   Pat Milford   11

5   Wood Co   Robert Bracco   11

18   Mon Co   John Anderson   

2   Har Co   Andy Lenz   12

7   TC   Zac Brown   11

16   Laf   Will Bryant   10

1   HC   Matt Zarth   12

9   Wood Co   Mack Logsdon   11

11   Laf   Jimmy Lacy   10

6   Fr Co   Bryan Thompson   12

9   Wood Co   Travis Krauziewicz   11

11   TC   Kasey Hedges   12

4   HC   Jack Podgorski   12

20   Har Co   Cody Ward   12

5   HC   Cody Guiler   11

9   Har Co   Trevor Maxwell   12

11   BS   Desmond Suter   12   

17   Har Co   Josh Moss   11

7   PD   Logan Murrell   12

20   TC   Andrew Wright   

1   Wood Co   Harrison Courtney   12

14   Fr Co   Josh Broning   

16   Har Co   Seth Coy   12

20   WH   Mark Davis   11

9   Fr Co   Jeremy Gardner   11

10   PD   Nick Leddy   12

20   Laf   Dusty Thompson   11

5   TC   Daniel Griggs   12

11   Wood Co   Bill Semones   12

17   Har Co   Brandon Barnett   10

13   TC   Dodd Kinder   11

3   TC   Nathan Gray   12

20   BS   Jesse Chilrey   11

cmon man uve got to have some kind of upsets it isnt going to fall into place just as the rankings say im sure there will be some suprises this year.

id say brian thompson would beat him if he goes 125 and joe whalen beat him last year at regionals but they are all good wrestlers it will be close

i normally try not to post on here about myself,so all i am going to say about that is later on at the same tournament i wrestled him for fifth and sixth. i majored him. im not trying to take away from him by any means he is a good wrestler, just thought since we were stating results i would state the final results of that day.

i agree i think thompson is a good wrestler and he has his mind set this year to do great but im sure hedges is also got his mind straight and ready to show some people this year that he belongs in the top 8. .

Bryan Thompson wont see 125 this year. Real strong kid. He is having to cut to 130 and being pretty difficult. He will be impressive at 130 if he gets his head on straight.

Bryan Thompson wont see 125 this year. Real strong kid. He is having to cut to 130 and being pretty difficult. He will be impressive at 130 if he gets his head on straight.

yeah i look for him to have a good year this year. i know i'll be cheering him on myself. unless of course hes wrestling me if he makes the cut to 25, lol

In the heavyweight division Henry Clay and PLD had two good looking prospects last night also PLD also had a promising 215 as well.

yea the henry clay kid i have never seen and he was doing real good when he wrestled nathan gray

id say brian thompson would beat him if he goes 125 and joe whalen beat him last year at regionals but they are all good wrestlers it will be close

kasey will win regionals. I know that he doesn't want me to give excuses for him, but kasey had mono towards the end of last year but was allowed to wrestle because he was not contagious. Also joe and kasey wrestled at the scrimmage at tc, and kasey seemed to control the match. He is probably the best shape he has ever been in. We both have pushed eachother in practice and at the gym. He will do very well this year                                                                                                       

kasey will win regionals. I know that he doesn't want me to give excuses for him, but kasey had mono towards the end of last year but was allowed to wrestle because he was not contagious. Also joe and kasey wrestled at the scrimmage at tc, and kasey seemed to control the match. He is probably the best shape he has ever been in. We both have pushed eachother in practice and at the gym. He will do very well this year                                                                                                       

well then it seems that yet again region 7 still has a pretty hard 125 weight class now doesnt it

ya it was a close from what i saw, but it would be one close and fun to watch regional finals match