Sign in to follow this  
stanmms

2009 Kentucky State Youth Regionals

Starting this Wrestling Season all wrestlers must compete in a Regional Tournament in order to gain participation in the State Tournament.  Posted below are the Regions as outlined in the Spring 2008 meeting.

Bylaw 6.

B) Regions - Regional host sites shall be rotated amongst regional schools.  Each region is responsible for establishing a schedule of host sites in a fair manner.  Regional sites must be approved no less than (1) year ahead of time.  REGIONAL PARTICIPATION IS REQUIRED TO WRESTLE AT THE STATE TOURNAMENT(exceptions include bereavement, injury, or illness with doctor's excuse.  An injured or ill wrestler will be required to WEIGHIN at the sametime as all other wrestlers at the designated regional host (satelite locations are allowed). Weigh-ins shall be performed within 24 hours before the scheduled start of the tournament.  Weigh-ins shall be supervised by no less than (2) coaches from different teams.  These weights will then be turned in to the Board and then forwarded to the State Tournament host  where they will be used for bracketing purposes.  NOTE: Region weights will be used for STATE.

We need teams to hold Regionals in all but the Louisville Region, being held by Fern Creek.  Holding youth tournaments is an excellent way to promote your team, raise money for your program, learn how to run a tournament among friends, and help the kids in our state gain valuable experience.

If you're interested in holding a tournament please email me at stanmms@fuse.net

L. Regional Alignments

Kentucky will be divided into (6) regions for purposes of the Regional Tournaments.  The Regions are as follows:

Region 1 West

Ballard, Hickman, Carlisle, Fulton, McCracken, Graves, Marshall, Calloway, Hancock, Davies, Henderson, Union, Crittenden, Livingston, Lyon, Trigg, Christian, Todd, Logan, Simpson, Butler, Ohio, Muhlenberg, Hopkins, Caldwell, Webster, Mclean, Warren

Region 2 Louisville

Trimble, Henry, Shelby, Spencer, Nelson, Larue, Hart, Edmondson, Grayson, Hardin, Bullit, Oldham, Meade, Breckinridge, Jefferson

Region 3 Northern

Boone, Kenton, Campbell, Gallatin, Carroll, Owen, Grant, Pendelton, Harrison, Robertson, Mason, Bracken

Region 4 Central

Scott, Franklin, Bourbon, Nicholas, Bath, Montgomery, Clark, Fayette, Woodford, Anderson, Washington, Mercer, Jessamine, Madison, Marion, Boyle, Garrard, Estill, Powell

Region 5 East

Lewis, Fleming, Greenup, Boyd, Carter, Rowan, Elliot, Lawrence, Martin, Johnson, Morgan, Menifee, Wolfe, Magoffin, Floyd, Pike, Knott, Letcher, Harlin, Leslie, Perry, Breathitt,  Lee

Region 6 South

Lincoln, Casey, Taylor, Green, Barren, Allen, Monroe, Metcalfe, Cumberland, Clinton, Russell, Adair, Pulaski, McCreary, Whitley, Bell, Knox, Clay, Laurel, Owsley, Jackson, Rockcastle

Sites for 2008/2009 Youth Regionals on Feb. 28th 2009. 

West Region 1    Nobody Yet

Louisville Region 2      River City

Northern Region 3      Campbell County (not confirmed)

Central Region 4        Montgomery County

East Region 5            Perry County

South Region 6          Wayne County

Please let me know if you're interested in hosting the West Regional.  Remember if you don't attend a Regional event you cannot qualify for state. 

Just curious if region 1 doesn't hold a tournament then they won't be allowed to wrestle in state tournament correct. If not someone needs step up or some kids could be cheated because of laziness or stubborness.

All regions are now accounted for.  Thanks to all for your help.  If everybody can send me their email address along with a phone # we will have a conference call the week before to discuss specifics.

Sites for 2008/2009 Youth Regionals on Feb. 28th 2009. 

West Region 1          Trigg County with UHA

Louisville Region 2      River City

Northern Region 3      Campbell County (not confirmed)

Central Region 4        Montgomery County

East Region 5            Perry County

South Region 6          Wayne County

Please let me know if you're interested in hosting the West Regional.  Remember if you don't attend a Regional event you cannot qualify for state.

Weight Classes

Age Weight

11-12 50, 55, 60, 65, 70, 75, 80, 85, 90, 95, 100, 105, 112, 120, 130, 140, 140+  (25lb max diff)

9-10 50, 55, 60, 65, 70, 75, 80, 85, 90, 95, 100, 105, 112, 120, 130, 140, 140+  (25lb max diff)

7-8    Shall be grouped lightest to heaviest within 10% of bodyweight up to 8 person brackets. 

5-6   Shall be grouped lightest to heaviest within 10% of bodyweight up to 8 person brackets. 

The 1st posting on this topic says the regional weights will be sent to state for brackets.  Do the kids have to weigh-in at state also?  I assume yes based on the way the 5-6, and 7-8 kids are being grouped.

The 1st posting on this topic says the regional weights will be sent to state for brackets.  Do the kids have to weigh-in at state also?  I assume yes based on the way the 5-6, and 7-8 kids are being grouped.

I don't think so.  The way I understand it is the regional weight will be used for the state tournament weight.  Since region isn't a "qualifier" the bracketing at region really doesn't matter.