Sign in to follow this  
Takedown Machine152

Matt Zarth

I don't know if anyone is aware, but if Matt finds a way to win state next year, he will become the first 3x champion from Lexington. He has logged countless hours on the mat to reach this level, and his work ethic and determination have shown over the last two seasons. Where would it rank Matt among Lexington's finest if he pulls off the three-peat?

It would be impressive.  Plus he is a great kid.

It's a shame that Lexington does not have better teams.  That is really something to look at...why Lexington can't get youth programs going?  But I guess thats another tread.

I would love to see Matt win his third. I really like that kid. You never see any showboating, bad attitude, or disrespect coming from him. In fact, you hardly ever see him at all.

On a different note, the kid has the most intense eyes i've ever seen. We locked eyes one time when I walked past him and it scared the hell out of me. He's so serious looking all the time. Aside from just one time when he was laughing so hard I thought he was going the crap his pants.

Zarth is a good guy and it would be a much deserved win if he pulls if off next year. I was talking to one of the Dunbar coaches and he said that it looks like Fayette co will finally get some middle school programs going next year. So maybe they will pick it up in the coming years.

Fayette Co. desperately needs feeder programs. Up until now, middle school wrestlers in Lexington have been forced to practice with the high schools. This takes time away from the older wrestlers, and causes the young guys to mix in with more developed young men. Many of the middle schoolers lose focus and end up quitting. I'm from Fayette County, so I've witnessed the hardships of starting in high school compared to starting in elementary/middle school.

It's a shame that Lexington does not have better teams.  That is really something to look at...why Lexington can't get youth programs going?  But I guess thats another tread.

Woodford and Dunbar are pretty much Lexington teams.

first matt zarth is a great kid..i know him very well and his dad pretty well...secondly why lexington does not have feeder programs is for a couple reasons.  it is to my understanding not all the principals/ad's are on board because of the liability involved in out sport.  also lexington middle schools cannot compete out of the city other than regional and state tournaments.  this is a fayette co rule.  so for instance if jesse clark had a team they could not go to woodford co and wrestle, but they could have woodford co come to lex...its a stupid rule.  so it really does not do lexington a whole lot of good to have just a few of the middle schools to pick up the sport we really need them all too.

yeah Matt Zarth is the most emotion less person on the planet. i swear this kid could win the world series of poker with UNO cards

I couldn't imagen him opening christmas present. I just see him in a movie theatre watching a movie and everyone is cracking up exept for him...just sitting...looking like a zombie in his sweats. Scary. So scary. :-o

One thing I have learned about him these last 2 seasons is that he steps it up when it is showtime.  He lost a few matches during the season, but when it counted and all the chips were on the table (to get another poker reference in there) he seems to be able to raise his game above everyone else.  And he seems to be a good kid too; I've never heard a negative word about him.

yep very classy

especially when he looses

he never throws headgear or gets mad

mainly because he has no soul and cant feel anger or sadness or love or any other emotion

Ouch.  I figured it was because he was coached well.

Or had personal integrity.

Guess it can't be that.  :roll: