Sign in to follow this  
eville dad

Fargo-USAW Nationals

Junior Freestyle USAW Nationals started today.

Jacob Murton is 3-0 at 140 he teched a kid from TN and then teched the Conn. State Champ and then beat a Texas state champ 8-4, his next match is against Joey De Marie, Iowa. I think he will tech De Marie and that will put him close to placing in his pool. He has a great chance at All American status (top eight).

Jarius is 2-1, 152lbs. In the first round he pinned a kid from Texas and then got beat by Marco Toledo, Brandon, FL. Toledo is a nationally ranked kid from one of the top programs in the country, he will probably place high if he doesnt win it all. Jarius has a tough draw, he had a bye in the 3rd round and will face Derek Sickles from NJ next. It should be a tough match.

Marcus Bradbury is at 145 and lost his first 2 matches.

Good Luck!

The results are being updated on Themat.com about every 3-4 hours.

Guest DAWG6
Jacob beat De Marie' date=' i don't know by how much.[/quote']

Jacob won by Fall 1:59

His next match is Zack Minzer (he has one lose)

The tourney is over and Jacob went 5-2. He lost to the runner up at 140, Adam Hall from Idaho, 10-6. Hall went on to win the pool and then lost in the championship finals 7-5 to Cyler Sanderson, (Cael's lil brother). Jacob finished in the top 16 out of about 100 of the best Jr/Sr's in the country.

I would consider that a very good tournament for Jacob, definitely deserving of a national ranking.

Congratulations to Jacob on a great tournament!

Guest DAWG6

Very impressive.

He will @140, I don't think he will be beat by anyone in Kentucky.

He probably won't lose to anyone from Ky, however i'd like to see people get rid of the defeatist attitude about wrestling him. I think there's guys wrestling in Ky that could avoid being crushed by him, if they could see him as just another guy right before the match. That is, don't wrestle scared ... he's not gonna do a backflip and land behind you ! Worry about what you're gonna do to him, not the other way around.

He's definitely awesome, he can wrestle at a national level. Thats a given after Fargo. All i'm saying is i'd like to see guys at least try to step up and push him. That would be good for everyone, including Murton !

Guest DAWG6

I agree, it is be showed that he can be beat. If you wrestle and make no mistakes you have a chance.

Everyone has there bad day, it could be agaisnt you [figuretively speaking]

Plus if you are the one that can give Jacob a good match that has to give you all the confidence in the world in Ky or higher :idea:

Sign in to follow this