Sign in to follow this  
turkeyman

AC's Hunter Lilly upsets #13 in 112 @ PLD.

by the score i would say.

1st period:  Headlock/throw of some kind for 5 points, then a reversal for score 5-2

Second period: escape for a score of 6-2.

Third period:  Escape 6-3,  Desperation throw or shot takedown 8-3. 

How close am I?

End of 1st period 2-0 AA w/ takedown, end of 2nd 3-2 HL takedown and escape for the lead.  3rd period HL near fall for 3 making it 6-2.  AA escape for 1.  Score HL 6 AA 3.  HL seals it with a takedown for 2.  Final score 8-3. 

No, shouldn't be ranked 13th now.  Just noted as improved and getting there.

Yeah, I think it also gets back to so much talk from some teams/individuals.  We haven't heard much about or from Anderson County.  And I'm not saying that is a bad thing.  turkeyman is just pointing out that one of their kids is stepping it up here late in the season and showing he can compete with a kid who will definitely be a state qualifier and likely win a couple matches at state.

Yeah, I think it also gets back to so much talk from some teams/individuals.  We haven't heard much about or from Anderson County.  And I'm not saying that is a bad thing.  turkeyman is just pointing out that one of their kids is stepping it up here late in the season and showing he can compete with a kid who will definitely be a state qualifier and likely win a couple matches at state.

It also goes to show the depth and quality of the 112's in region 2. I don't think he has beaten any of the top 4 in region 2  but is able to step out of region and beat a very good kid.  this also should put the other 112's on notice that they need to bring their a game.

something else that most likely played a role in that match is aghils shoulder. its hurt really bad and even though he's been out for a month, he says it is still injured, but he didnt want to go into regionals without matches before hand. im not saying thats the reason he lost or anything, just stating that i watched him wreslte at the fayette tournament and he is deffinetly not that same he used to be.