Sign in to follow this  
wcwrestler189

Fantasy league

If users got into groups of 8, in 16 rounds they could pick who they think will place top 8 in the state, you could have 1 wrestler in each of 14 weightclasses and 2 extra or however you want to distribute your picks.  Points could be awarded for placing, such as 8 points for 1st place and 1 point for 8th place, no points if no one places.  If you pick 1 wrestler from your "team" and they make it to the finals bonus points could be awarded for pins or techs or even majors.  Just throwing it out there.

Agreed.

And let's go any weight at any time.

IE if i had first pick i could go with Liberman, and then WCWrestler could then pick Sullivan.

I dunno but whoever chooses 1st the 1st time, will choose last the 2nd and 2nd to last the 3rd time and so on, so everyone gets a 1st pick twice and also a 2nd and 3rd twice..  If that makes sense. I dunno how to choose who gets 1st pic first round but i think thats the fairest way to do it.

Alright that what, 8?

I figure we choose 24 total maybe, 2 at each weight, round robin style draft. 

As far as first pick, I dunno.  Maybe pick the 3 # lotto, post on here before tommorow's drawing and whoever is numerically closer gets 1st pick and so on down the line?

Sound good?

thats fine,, so lets get the rules straight.  Do you HAVE to have an equal  number of wrestlers in each or can u have weight classes with no one on ur fantasy team.  And if i get first pick,and choose Fuller for my hvy, can i trade him to CCFullerHWT for multiple wrestlers.  Any other questions??  24 is not 2 at each weight that would be 28.  Whatever the number of people we pick has to be divisible by 8 so everyone gets an equal amount of first round picks.

Alright my thoughts

I'd say yes, we need at least 1 for each weight, (14), then let's have 8 extra that can be spread over any weight (total of 24).

-Must represent each weight with at least 1

- extra 8 can be anywhere

- pts accumulated off state placement, pins, and techs?

I'd say let's not do trades.

Here is my proposal for a contest.

Pick 1 wrestler per weight class that you think will win state, then rank them 1-14 upon what you think there chances are of winning the tournament.  The wrestler you think has the best chance to win, you give 14, the wrestler you think has the 2nd best chance you give 13 and so on. 

If your wrestler wins, you get the points that you assigned to that wrestler.  This is like the Yahoo football picks contest if anyone has played that.

You only get the points if your wrestler wins state.  I tried to come up with a system that would give points to all placers but couldn't get it to work out evenly.

For Example:

Your

Wgt - wrestler - rank - Place - Pts 

103 - Elam          2        2      0

112 - Sullivan      11        1      11     

119 - Martin        7        2      0   

125 - Zeppa        6        3      0

130 - Johnson    10        1      10

135 - Miller        8          2      0

140 - Peace        12        1      12

145 - Courtney    14        1      14 

152 - Ashbrook    1        3        0

160 - Ervin        9          2      0

171 - Reid          13        1        13   

189 - Jones        3          2      0

215 - Nickel        4          1      4

285 - Fuller        5          2        0

This would let everyone play and not have to worry about a draft.