Sign in to follow this  
Olympic_wish

Seedings for State Duals?

Will be determined that saturday morning at Henry Clay. I think at the coaches meeting is when pools are decided. 32-2 is an impressive dual meet record. Thats alot of duals, how many tournaments has campbell won this year?

I agree with Ranger's comment/question.  Why wouldn't they put 2 #1 seeds in each pool?

They do. BigCoach was making the point that because only the top 4 or 5 are seeded, any of those 4 mentioned could end up in Union's pool.

Example:

Union gets the one seed, Trinity the 2, Wayne the 3, and Campbell the 4 (THIS IS JUST AN EXAMPLE!!!) Now the other 4 one seeds are drawn randomly into those 4 pools. Big Coach was proving that any of the other one seeds NOT SEEDED could be drawn into Union's pool.

They do. BigCoach was making the point that because only the top 4 or 5 are seeded, any of those 4 mentioned could end up in Union's pool.

Example:

Union gets the one seed, Trinity the 2, Wayne the 3, and Campbell the 4 (THIS IS JUST AN EXAMPLE!!!) Now the other 4 one seeds are drawn randomly into those 4 pools. Big Coach was proving that any of the other one seeds NOT SEEDED could be drawn into Union's pool.

Ok.  This does make more sense.  Thanks for the clarification.

Impressive, I know they beat split with Ryle.

Have they or will Campbell Co. match up with Union or Trinity :?

No and to answer the other question we have won two tournaments and placed fourth in one other...as you can tell we are more of a dual team as apposed to a tournament team.

Region 1 duals are this weekend at Caldwell County. I predict Union and Christian to come out of Region 1. First time in a while Region 1 will be bringing more than 1 team to the state duals.

Region 1 may bring two teams this year, but one of them will not be Christian County. They are going to North Hardin's tournament this weekend, not the Region 1 Duals.

Ok.  This does make more sense.  Thanks for the clarification.

It seems somewhat unfair to be (possible) the fifth or sixth best team and get stuck in the Number #1 pool i.e. Union.

I don't understand why they don't just seed the top 8 number one teams, it shouldn't be that hard with all the duals that each team have. :?

Region 1 duals are this weekend at Caldwell County. I predict Union and Christian to come out of Region 1. First time in a while Region 1 will be bringing more than 1 team to the state duals.

Region 1 may bring two teams this year, but one of them will not be Christian County. They are going to North Hardin's tournament this weekend, not the Region 1 Duals.

wow i figured they would want to go to state duals. I think christian can beat everyteam in the region except union.

Lol I lost, but I was fooled, now if they were going to the region duals then I think I would win the bet :evil:

already commited to the north hardin tournament,but would love to see some of the action from the regional duals.good luck to all.

Yes this is another downfall of the state duals.  Teams who are not sure they will qualify for the state duals must commit to another tourney so that they have someplace to wrestle that weekend.

I know in Nky many of the teams go to Ohio and cannot get out of the tourney for one year and then return.  They loose their spot in the tourney.  I believe Conner has always said they would not attend the state duals because of this.

Hasn't this tourney been going on for a while now? 

Probably when this tourney was started North was not qualifying for the state duals. 

If they start cancelling the tourney then those teams that participate are left high and dry.  They would then book another tourney if possible.

Christian County is not going to the duals from my understanding. Pride wrestler do you know how the pools are going to be set up? If you lose once are you out for the first and second place, or is it going to be pools based on best performance and brought to the next placing pools?