Sign in to follow this  
breaking bones

How will Larue stand in Ohio?

Guest jp
Larue placed 2nd as a team and Pat Banks and Kyle Carmen took home first place..

How did little Carmen, Miller and Parker do :?:

We're Home! Happy New Year to all! LaRue had a great trip to northern Ohio and came away with a second place finish at Lorain Southview tournament. We see-sawed back and forth with Lorain for both days and they finally pulled away in the finals to beat us by six or so. This is not the same Loraine team that Ryle beat since they were minus several starters and this is straight from their coach. Saw some great action up there with leg riding and great counter moves. Bunch of Murton type wrestlers there. Great heavyweight final between Clyde (junior national champ and state champ going on full ride to Michigan) against Beaver Local (the team that someone could find no record on) sudden death match with Clyde winning on a contoversial call (boy I thought us Kentucky folks were redneck...you ought to have seen that Beaver crowd after the decision). We have no heavys that are evenly remotely close to those two guys. 103 kid from Jefferson is the real deal and eaisly defetaed the Laraine 103 by pin. Nobody here close to him either. The 130 from Beaver Local (Derrik Caudill) and the 130 from Clyde were both tough as well (see Ozzie's fourth place finish). 119 from Lorraine won and he was also very good. Their 112 was in the finals and got dq'd on a slam.

For LaRue:

119 - Carman was in the match for third (I think) and got dq'd.

125 - Stacey got ruuner-up (lost in OT to Avon Lake kid)

130 - Ozzie took fourth (Tough weight class)

145 - Pat Banks wrestled like a man winning an OT match in the semi's and a close decision in the finals. Pat finally has gotten in shape from football and some nagging injuries.

152 - Wheeler took 2nd losing his first match of the year in the finals to a kid from Westlake.

160 - Barnhill took sixth (I think)

171 - Carman just flat outlasted some wicked tilts from a Clyde kid in the finals and held on for the win.

189 - Nobody from LC but a note here that this was by far the best weight class of the tourney...totally stacked!

215 - Embree took sixth

This was a dandy tournament hosted by one of the top twenty programs in the country year in and year out. LC held their own plus some and made a very good impression on some of the folks up up there.

I dont care how the outcome of this is or was.I applaude them for going to such a tuff tournament out of state and wish more of our schools would do exactly the same. This is what we need more of to raise our level if we EVER hope to compete with Ohio and Indiana. Be proud of yourself LaRue

Guest DAWG6
I dont care how the outcome of this is or was.I applaude them for going to such a tuff tournament out of state and wish more of our schools would do exactly the same. This is what we need more of to raise our level if we EVER hope to compete with Ohio and Indiana. Be proud of yourself LaRue

refdad, why so short :oops: , I was just interest in how he did @12.

Now, that he's @ 103 he should continue to do well :wink:

Sorry if I struck a nerve :roll:

This was me last year when I made comments about Larue on there performance at Father Ryan' date=' they have very short fuses.[/quote']

I don't believe Refdad is from LaRue County Falconmatt so don't associate his comments with all the rest of us and I'm sorry you think we have short fuses (we are passionate about defending the great tradition we have established here). The Father Ryan Tournament LAST YEAR is over. It (just like the other tournaments we competed in) helped to prepare us for our run at our Class A state title as well as our second place overall finish...but that was last year. We went to Cleveland (Ohio not Tennessee) this year (better competition than FR without the overall numbers plus defined seeding criteria) to hopefully help us prepare for THIS YEAR'S state competition. What's in the past is in the past and that's where I'll leave it. Yes FR was a big disapointment but we are over it and we are moving ahead to bigger and hopefully better things like winning another state title.