Sign in to follow this  
down and dirty

Anyone help me? about Doss High School

I have heard that Doss High School is looking for a Head Coach. I cannot find this job posting anywhere. I know they have a returning State Champion  and that they will have almost a full team  with a lot of seniors. Seems this would be a great job opening. I could be interested but I can't find any info on this. Also any thing to the weight changes. I believe I heard they are going to add a 245 lb class to the heavyeight class this year, but I have heard nothing since. Thanks

About the Doss Job...just contact the AD.

As far as the addition of the 245 lb weight class...I think this is needed.  There is a huge difference between 215 and 285.  If you are a 220 lb guy with 7 percent body fat and just don't have it to lose then this is too much to ask of a kid.(to wrestle a hvy 285)  I have lost football players who want to wrestle and wreslters because they can't get down to 215 or they wouldn't wrestle a 285 lb guy while weighing 220.  With a 245 class this enable's some coaches to recruit those types of guys.  Helps the sport grow due to increased participation...helps me recruit....somebody confirm this PLEASE.  I'll give ya a dollar. :-P

Congradulations Dragon Master, but it was my understanding you were the assistant coach last year and the head coach was not coming back. I thought these positions had to be posted and opened up for new hires. Did I miss this? Just curious, when were you hired because no one seems to know you are going to be the head coach.

I didn't say I was going to be the head coach.  I just said the position was filled.  The being fired thing was a joke (some people will get it) because all paraprofessionals are terminated at the end of the year.  The position does have to be posted and I'm pretty sure it was, but my understanding is that it is filled.  I could be wrong.  I know they would rather have a teacer in the building be the head coach.  They open it up to paraprofessionals if they have no one to do that.  You can contact the AD.  You can find his e-mail on the KHSAA website & that is probably the best way to get in contact with him.  Good luck to you.  If you are fortunate enough to get the job, you will have kids that will work hard and have some talent.  They are respectful and will do whatever you ask.  Like I said good luck. 

I hope Doss hired a good head coach.  I have seen several of the Doss boys over the spring and this weekend, what a great bunch of boys.

There is no doubt they are great kids.  They work hard and have some talent.  I'm sure they'll be in good hands.  If they can field a complete team, they will be very competitive.