Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

KentuckyWrestling.com HS Rankings - 2007/2008 Pre-season April 11

I'm sure Ryan Kelly has not beaten Mark Jones in two years, so what formula do you have that ranks him above the kid. The rankings should not reflect what we think will occur, but what has actually occured. That ranking continues to not make sence to me. If were are basing it off state finish, and head to head, then the results don't lie. I am refering to the comment about the formula and Woodford County, does this same premise not apply to other finishers?

Respectfully Submitted,

I have modified this message below. Sorry for the inconvience.

Iotaman

The team scores are formula driven, not individual.  And since we are talking about pre-season rankings, yes, they are very much about what we think will happen.  I agree that much consideration should be given to real results, but a lot can and will happen in the off-season for guys to get better and others to get fat and out of shape.  I saw the Kelly-Jones match and in my opinion Kelly was the better wrestler at state.

Well... I really dont see how you can put  D.C Evans over Daniels. Daniels beat Evans really bad at Wayne County Tour. God Evans has lost to all three of waynes lighter guys Sullivan - a lot Vinsant - 2 or 3 Daniels- 5 or 6 lol where can he go to win anything?????????

Did you watch their match at state?  I did and I would put him at #1.

I do not think that Mark Jones cares about ranking he just want a state title and I'm sure that he is going to show everyone that he is the number 1 wrestler in his weight class  :wink:

Ranger this is just an Idea but since most of the off season tournament are freestyle maybe you could put together some offseason freestyle rankings. It would be fun and it would help keep wrestlers motivatted to compete in the offseason. like i said its just an idea and i know it would be hard to follow all the freestyle tourneys but it would still be fun. thanks

Ranger this is just an Idea but since most of the off season tournament are freestyle maybe you could put together some offseason freestyle rankings. It would be fun and it would help keep wrestlers motivatted to compete in the offseason. like i said its just an idea and i know it would be hard to follow all the freestyle tourneys but it would still be fun. thanks

It would be cool to have some Kentucky FS/GR State Tourny predictions after pre-registration [if there is one].