Sign in to follow this  
plee

Flake & Murtons - Wrestling clinic at Trinity High School - 3/17!!!

****THIS IS OPEN TO HIGH SCHOOL WRESTLERS AS WELL!!!****

Hi all,

The middle school wrestling association (KSWA) is sponsoring a wrestling clinic at Trinity High School on 3/17, from 10am-5pm.  The cost will be $10 per wrestler (a very good value for this caliber of instruction!!)  We are limiting this to 40-45 wrestlers, so we are taking wrestlers in the following order:

1) members of middle school Team Kentucky

2) wrestlers (any age) that are going to nationals (middle school, freshman, soph, junior, or senior - fargo or nhsca)

3) most accomplished other wrestlers (based on state placings, records, etc).  We will attempt to divide these spots up evenly amongst our 4 m.s. regions.

We are looking for 40-45 serious wrestlers, who want to work hard and improve their skills.  The clinicians are Campbellsville College wrestlers:

Zach Flake - Ohio State Champion, 2nd at Senior Nationals, 2006 Junior College National Champion, 2007 NAIA National Champion

Jacob Murton - Ohio State Placer, 3 time Kentucky State Champion, 3rd in 2007 NAIA National Championships

Jarius Murton - 2 time Kentucky State Champion

The agenda will be as follows:

9:45 am - stretch out, warm-up

10 am - Competition & Live wrestling

12 pm - break for lunch, watch videos (wrestlers bring their own lunch, there is a BK across the street as well)

1 pm - 5pm - Zach Flake, Jacob Murton, & Jarius Murton (Instruction, drilling, discussion on mental preparation)

If you are interested, please PM me or RYP....in the PM, please include your name, age, approx weight, & credentials.

Thanks.

Plee

For anyone who tried to PM me earlier, I have cleaned out my inbox.  Sorry for any inconvenience.  Please PM again.

Hi everyone,

So far we have not had many h.s. wrestlers sign up.  We want to make sure that everyone knows that h.s. wrestlers are welcome and encouraged.  The clinic will allow for a lot of intense drilling and live wrestling.  We are trying to prepare our kids for wrestling at national level events.  We will not be covering a lot of "clinic" moves in this.

Thanks.

We have a total of 31 wrestlers signed up.  At this point, we are going to take kids first come - first serve.  Anyone interested in going to this clinic, please contact me.  We have wrestlers of all ages, experience signed up.  I will take the first 10-14 wrestlers that contact me by email.

pat@cougarkids.org

If you have requested to send some kids and were previously declined, please RE-CONTACT me.  Sorry for the inconvenience, but I was trying to save some space for some more h.s. kids who were going to nationals.  At this point, we just want to make sure we have a full clinic.  It should be a great day of wrestling.

Thanks,

Pat

***Updated list***

We still have a handful of spots left.  If you are interested, please email me quickly.  Here is a list of the wrestlers signed up so far.  If anyone sees an error, please emails me asap.  We have now opened this up to first come first serve.  We will take a few more then shut it down.  If anyone has changed their mind, please contact me asap.  pat@cougarkids.org

School Name Weight Class

FC Chad Lampe 75

TWEN Clay Brown 75

CC Garth Yenter 75

CC Sean Fausz 75

FC Justin Lampe 85

TRI Jacob Smith 90

TRI Brent Hitchings 95

EO Tyler Kaelin 95

TRI Bobby Bryant 100

TWEN Kevin Cooper 100

EO Caleb Chappell 103

CC Travis Stadtmiller 105

CC Shawn Hammonds 108

JC Zack Salyers 110

TRI Dan Smith 120

JC JJ Jude 125

FC John Lampe 125

CON TJ Bates 125

TRI Grant Ohlman 130

CC Talon Deinlein 130

TRI Jacob Barton 135

FC Derek Branch 140

S.O. Cole Proctor 140

CC Korey Shotwell 140

TRI Kenny Watkins 145

TRI Dylan Harbolt 145

TWEN Dusty Brown 145

INEZ Austin Stepp 150

TRI Brad Hitchings 155

TRI Russ Watley 155

CON Will Cole 160

CON Jake Lee 160

FC John Wolsiefer 160

GRAY Conner Coyle 165

TRI Johnny Powell 180

TRI Josh Lewis 185

DOSS Derek Nickel 225

INEZ Channing Smith 235

I heard Johnny didn't show up.

No, he was there in the afternoon.  Got to watch him wrestle Murton & Flake a little bit.

I didnt watch him wrestle Murton, but Flake.. Wow.. Flake is an absolute monster. Flake pretty much did whatever he wanted to Wolseifier.

Dang. Does anyone know how it went when Jake and Johnny wrestled?

It's not surprising at all that a college wrestler (and national champion) can do whatever he wants to a state champion in high school. It's just a completely different level.

Glad to hear the clinic went well and that these college guys are giving back to the sport.

Im pretty sure Murton beat him pretty bad but I think Johnny got a couple takedowns.

In a topic not too long ago, it became a discussion that if Johnny were to wrestle Jacob, that he would have enough weight to take him out, not to mention the whole world beleives that Wolcifer was Odin, Father God of Protection and Strength, in a past life. lol

I for one had no dought that Jacob Murton could defeit any high school wrestler in the state of Kentucky, with maybe an excption of Anthony Bailey... (might get hurt with Big Black Out...lol)

So i am glad to hear that an earlier discussion that we never thought would happen was cleared up.

In a topic not too long ago, it became a discussion that if Johnny were to wrestle Jacob, that he would have enough weight to take him out, not to mention the whole world beleives that Wolcifer was Odin, Father God of Protection and Strength, in a past life. lol

I for one had no dought that Jacob Murton could defeit any high school wrestler in the state of Kentucky, with maybe an excption of Anthony Bailey... (might get hurt with Big Black Out...lol)

So i am glad to hear that an earlier discussion that we never thought would happen was cleared up.

I was wondering when someone would remember that thread.  Johnny is still pretty darn good, there is no shame if he lost to Murton...even if it was soundly.  I have known a couple of guys who have wrestled college, and all of them when they come back to wrestle h.s. kids, they dominate.  Even the really good h.s. kids.  I'm sure there is a lot of reasons for this, but I just think when they get to college the level in the practice room just must be insane.  At most colleges all the kids in the room are probably top 5 in their state....most are probably state champs.  You get used to wrestling every day at that level, your average high school kid doesn't stand much of a chance.

I was wondering when someone would remember that thread.  Johnny is still pretty darn good, there is no shame if he lost to Murton...even if it was soundly.  I have known a couple of guys who have wrestled college, and all of them when they come back to wrestle h.s. kids, they dominate.  Even the really good h.s. kids.  I'm sure there is a lot of reasons for this, but I just think when they get to college the level in the practice room just must be insane.  At most colleges all the kids in the room are probably top 5 in their state....most are probably state champs.  You get used to wrestling every day at that level, your average high school kid doesn't stand much of a chance.

Word.