Sign in to follow this  
eville dad

Wayne County Duals

Wayne County Duals results are posted in results forums!

Good tournament that was over with at a reasonable hour, big plus for the duals format over the usual tournament format that last late into the evening.

Fern Creek 5-0

St. Xavier 4-1

Wayne Co 3-2

Ryle* 2-3

Letcher Central 2-3

McCreary Co 1-4

Whitley Co 0-5

*Ryle team mix of varsity/JV not their Varsity Lineup

Fern Creek - Undefeated wrestlers

119 Caleb Woood

130 Malcolm Jackson

140 Kevin Stewart

145 Ben Barger

152 Cody Mann

152/160 John Wolsiefer

171 Kyle Hardin

Note: most notable match of the day at 130lbs Malcolm Jackson, Fern Creek vs Eric Bryant, McCreary Co. Jackson won 16-1 tech fall. Bryant didnt look his usual self but to Jackson's credit he looked very good! Great win for a deserving kid!

Yeah, I went like 3-2 there(1 was a forfeit, I saw their 189 wrestling later in the day though -.-!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I was mad) but yeah I had a couple tough matches and won a couple, my 2 wins were both pins in the first period and the people I lost to I wrestled pretty close just gave up a couple too many points.

Malcolm wrestled really good on Saturday, especially against Eric Bryant that was a really exciting match.

Guest MCHSRAIDER189

i dont remember what weight baines was at but i think he went undeated

Guest MCHSRAIDER189

Mccreary had to forfit 3 weights but they did good in the other weights

Wow, how the tables turned over the off season! i remember last year at state Malcom Jackson was pinned by Eric Bryant, now he techfalled him, thats crazy. Good job on Malcoms behalf, just goes to show the benefits of intense summer wrestling.

Guest MCHSRAIDER189

Bryant had a stomach virus but i hope they meet again it will be a better match

Bryant had a stomach virus but i hope they meet again it will be a better match

It will be a better match but the results will not change. Now that Bryant got beat he will cut weight to get away from malcom... or go 135.. :cry:

I am at my natural body weight at 130. Why would I move up to 135 if I only weigh in on Monday's at 131? There is no way I would move down or up to dodge anyone.

Congrats to Malcolm for his victory, and good luck to him this year. See ya in the finals, at 130.

all the teams except fern creek and letcher surprised me with how poorly they wrestled. fern creek looked great. Letcher wrestled exactly how kids that are learning the sport wrestle. At one point the letcher heavy weight put a kid from . . . i cant remember the school, but he put the kid on his back and the kid tapped the letcher hvywt and the letcher kid let him up.

all the teams just looked out of shape and not ready to wrestle(except for fern creek) i hope they turn it around in the next month or so.

Did anyone see the match b/w DC brown and travis sullivan? How did that go?

Good luck to all those teams throught out the season