archibaldhumperdink

wolsifer-reid-starks

Who is the better wrestler of the three  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the better wrestler of the three

• wolseifer
    • reid
    • starks

I don't think the size discrepancy would matter for Wolseifer.  Reid is only 10 to 12 pounds heavier than Johnny.  I would go with Wolseifer over both Reid & Starks and I would go with Reid over Starks in a close one.  Ask Jordan Dockery if being bigger than Wolseifer matters (F.C. vs. Seneca scrimmage earlier this year)

I think Reid is capable of beating both, and i also think Wolsifer is capable of beating both. So i say its a pretty even match up. To me the most impressive wrestler over all between the three of them is Ried.

From what I understand, and this is hear-say but from a pretty reliable source, Wolseifer and Dockery did wrestle at a scrimmage this year.  Johnny took him down three times on a slide-by then finally pinned Dockery.

I don't know what all of you'll are on but Starks would beat both of them.  Starks is a better wrestler than Reid and the weight advantage would help him out as well.  With Starks at 189 and Wolsiefer at 160 the weight discrepancy would be too much.  I do think that pound for pound Wolsiefer is a better wrestler and at the same weight he would win.  Between Wolsiefer and Reid, Wolsiefer would win him in a close match.  The weight would come into play; Reid looked pretty strong, but Wolsiefer would wear him out.

O.K., as previously stated, I understand Johnny is only a 160 & Starks is a 189.  That is a sizeable weight advantage.  However, the weight advantage didn't matter to Wolseifer when he wrestled a top 4 215 at a scrimmage earlier this year, so I don't think the weight will matter with Starks.  All three are very good wrestlers but Wolseifer has the power and strength of a 189-215 and the speed of a 140-145.  He can wrestle a power style or a speed style & wrestle them both very well.  That's tough to beat.

I wouldn't say Wolsiefer has the power or strength of a 189-215.  To me he looked like a good-sized 160, especially compared to the 160's around the country.  Johnny dominates because his confidence is at a high level, no one in the state can beat him and he knows it.  Because of that he wrestles all out with now fear and runs through everyone else.  Just because he wrestled a top four 215 and beat him early in the year doesn't mean he's as strong as him.  I only weigh 170 or so and could beat Byrd when I was home on Christmas break.

So by your last sentence, your saying that size doesn't matter, since you were beating Byrd and you only weigh 170?  By that logic, the size difference b/w Wolseifer & Starks wouldn't matter either.  Also, yes Johnny is a good sized 160 & not as big as Starks.  He doesn't look muscled out.  You don't have to be huge to be powerful & strong.  From what I saw this weekend, Wolfeiser has better technique than Starks & on the mat, looked to be as strong.  It looks like we have differing opinions.  It's ashame that we will never get to find out who would win b/w the two.  We might, however, get to see who would win this summer b/w Wolseifer & Reid.

AllAmerican157 Comes to the Woodford Co. rescue!

Are you still harboring bad feelings about our disagreements a couple of years ago?  I hope not, it would be awfully immature if you were.

On the current topic, I still disagree.  Wolsifier is the better wrestler but Starks would win.

Wolsifier beats both him and Reid are close. But Starks loses to Reid in a tight one, and to Wolisfier. I dont think its about hard feelings AllAmerican157, just you are very bias and sometimes proven wrong and never admit it. IMO sorry.

I think that Starks would beat Reid without a problem, i see Starks pinning him actually, no more back flips.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You gotta be joking on that one.  Man, no one gives Reid any respect.  Starks is good....but Reid was RELENTLESS throughout state.  That kid does not stop.  Of course this is just one more person's opinion....but i'd take Reid over both.  Not "pound for pound" over Wolsifer...but with the weight & strength, i'd give it to Reid.  With Starks...i just don't think his style would do well with Reid.  He shoots a lot...and Reid is so stocky and low to the ground....he's gotta be very hard to shoot on.

Will Starks would beat mason reid 10-2 or so cause his strength and starks aint no slouch with technic either he is a good wrestler but i know wolsifer would be beat both have wrestled around with him and he is a animal he is as strong as any 215 in the state or i would go as fare as any heavy wieght

I was taking this as "pound for pound".  If so, I'm taking Wolsifer.  If not, I'm taking Starks because of the obvious reason of him weighing 189.  Thats a bid difference.  Plus he is pretty good, don't forget he is a 2x state champ.

I was taking this as "pound for pound".  If so, I'm taking Wolsifer.  If not, I'm taking Starks because of the obvious reason of him weighing 189.  Thats a bid difference.  Plus he is pretty good, don't forget he is a 2x state champ.

I agree Wolsifer pound for pound, no question.  I just think Reid would give Starks some fits because of his style and body type.  Nothing against Starks.  I just seriously doubt it would be a pin.  I've been wrong before though.

Ok first let's go pound for pound.  I'll take Wolsiefer over both.  He's definitely among the elite wrestlers in the state.  With Starks and Reid I'll go with Starks, and that's not just with my Woodford bias, as you all know exists.  Starks would eat Reid up with his single legs, the only reason he had such a hard time with Mark Jones is that they wrestled so many times.

At their current weights I would take Starks over both.  The weight advantage is just too much for Wolsiefer.  I know I said that I beat Byrd over Xmas break but I am a college senior who has wrestled Byrd many times, as well as coached him.  I know how to exploit his weaknesses.  I didn't fully explain my point there.  Most 215 pounders are just coming out of football season and Wolsiefer probably just wore him out.  With regards to Wolsiefer and Reid I'll take Wolsiefer over him in a tight match.  I do think that Reid is a decent wrestler but his strength is his main advantage.  Wolsiefer is an animal and his style would wear Reid down until he couldn't walk.  He might even pin Reid if he can make him quit at the end of the match, but the score would be close.  Unfortunately this style wouldn't wear Starks down because of the extra eighteen pounds.

Personally I would love it if Wolsiefer came to Versailles over the summer and I got the chance to work out with him.  I would love to coach an athlete that has the desire that he has.