Sign in to follow this  
shadowwrestler160

Conner =state contender???

What does conner high school need to be a contender. i have some of my own ideas but want to know some different opinions.

P.S.-this post is in no way meant to bad mouth any conner coaches or athletes. please keep all negative comments to your self

Quit flappen your gums and start eating, sleeping and living wrestling. Talking and wishing doesn't do it. Go to camps, work out, and most importantly, William, ask your father, a four time state finalist and 2 time state champion, to help you everyday!!!

lol and the fact that everyone i talk to from conner says they hate wrestling, dillon says he pins himself alot to get out of the match and o'bryan is always crying about how much he hates wrestling...lol get the right attitude

Will,

To be a state champ you must do certain things.

1. Lift

2. Eat right

3. Get in great cardiovascular shape (heart/lungs)

4. Go to at least 2 to 4 camps

5. Wrestle at least 50 matches over each summer (get in another season of experience)

6. Focus on the fundamentals (great stance, great positioning, mat smarts)

7. Learn 2 or 3 offensive takedowns and 2 or 3 defensive takedowns; learn 3 moves from the bottom (1 of which must be a stand-up); learn 2 good riding techniques; learn 3 to 5 ways to pin; lastly, learn at least one 5 point move (a throw).

8. Live drilling is more important than full go wrestling

9. Full go wrestling

Will, the Conner program is coached by good coaches who are teaching the moves and running practice. If the room is filled with some guys who don't want to wrestle or become great, why are THEY there? The coaches are probably making almost next to nothing to coach and help the guys. It is the wrestlers responsibility to work and drill hard everytime. Wrestling is an individual sport, you must do these 9 things to become great, the coaches and team can only help with a few of these things. Whenever I hear comments by wrestlers or parents putting the blame on the team or coaches, I laugh because unless the coach is not allowing the guys to drill and wrestle, it is the wrestlers fault he is not doing better.

Good luck Will

Im really tired if hearing you all crying so much about how bad your program is. If you want to be good stop getting on here and asking everyone and spend this time on the mat. I think its a joke how everyone of you all had girls down there you were running around with.  Some of the things that you all do make alumni sick and im not one of them because I did stupid stuff to. You think it makes your Dad, Matt Shotwell, Your Uncles, Kevin Delk, Ryan Puthoff, etc....happy to see how you all act and respect Coach Badida. No one can help you until you all want to help yourself!!!! The helps there but no one of you want to take advantage of it. Everytime I have asked you to attend a camp I get a lame excuse. JUST A SINGLE CAMP!!! How many camps and matches do you think great state champ attend a year. This thread is a joke and a disrespect to Coach. Be a leader and stop getting on here and posting trash like this. Goes for you and any other wrestler or parent who gets on here and bashes the program. SUCK IT UP!

OK I've got it all figured out.

I know what the problem is.

Badida needs to bring back his trademark rainbow suspenders, and red shirt.  :-D

He also needs to bring back his yelling in your face and then giving you a big hug afterwards.  :evil:

What Conner needs is a "Leader" there was no leader there this year. If you want to make you and your team better, then step it up and become the Leader that team needs. Lead by example and others will follow. And quit the slacking in the room!

I totally agree, I was there in January (the time of the year to really crack down) and the only thing most of the guys were doing was playing around. Almost all of them kept talking trash like they could do something and they were just a flop. hell i even offered to stay after and help them but it seems like no one has heart on that team anymore. I seriously think 1-2 yrs they will be a strong program again only if someone does step up. The 05 wrestling cougars was a very powerful team... we had adversity, heart, skill, and a brotherhood among us... we had a solid core : myself, stanley, delk, smith, lageman, and dale. But we all offered the team something personally whether it was a laugh or some serious poundage down your throat training.

If you want to change your teams attitude at practice and during a meet you have to get one or two good leaders who are willing to bust their balls during practice without complaining once. You need just a couple of individuals who put all their trust into Coach Badihda's hands without question. The rest of the team will follow their example and practices will become much more intense and proggresive.

You might also want to see if Peace and Reid will transfer.

When I wrestled at Conner there were upper classmen named Todd Cole and Robbie Clarkston just to name a few.  If we goofed off, we got a backhand across the head or got to experience real pain when they got us on the mat. They were leaders and state champions because they worked hard and made sacrifices!! Yes, sacrifices. There is not a state champion alive who didn't make sacrifices! If you think Todd Cole is tough as a ref, you should have been 4 years younger than him and have to wrestle him everyday. They passed on a tradition where Conner had state champions annually for 15 years. The tradition has died only because no one at Conner understands the true meaning of sacrifice anymore. William, don't be the only male in your family of 3 state champions not to win. Sacrifice today, tomorrow and next year.

Next years season started February 18, 2007. What have you done to get better for next year?