Sign in to follow this  
Mat_Wrestler

Travis Sullivan?

What was this kid's record last year? Something like 60-0. And, Wayne wrestled out of state competition I believe from Tennessee, West Virginia and other states.

Come on, let's give an undefeated state champ his due. I'm not sure he wrestled a single 6 minute match last year, even against out of state competition. Give him his due and let's be a bit proud of him as he represents Kentucky.

Guest jp
What was this kid's record last year? Something like 60-0. And' date=' Wayne wrestled out of state competition I believe from Tennessee, West Virginia and other states.

Come on, let's give an undefeated state champ his due. I'm not sure he wrestled a single 6 minute match last year, even against out of state competition. Give him his due and let's be a bit proud of him as he represents Kentucky.[/quote']

Travis is a good wrestler, I'm not saying anything negative.

I would like to have seen Sullivan and Caleb Woods go at it, it would be a great match. Travis out classes all the 103s, he would have to go 112 to have any chance of wrestling 6 minutes.

I could say the same about Caleb, at 112, he has to go 119 or even 125 to have good matches. Yes, Caleb is at 119 and I don't see him cutting to 112.

They are both class acts. :wink:

Sullivan's was 65-0 going into state finals then he pined Carr which made 66-0 :lol: I think that is a very record for a freshman who wrestles out of state alot... The only time I know sullivan went 6 min was... Region finals- and at stat duals. LUNA-state duals SLONE-region finals

Guest TroJanMan112
What was this kid's record last year? Something like 60-0. And' date=' Wayne wrestled out of state competition I believe from Tennessee, West Virginia and other states.

Come on, let's give an undefeated state champ his due. I'm not sure he wrestled a single 6 minute match last year, even against out of state competition. Give him his due and let's be a bit proud of him as he represents Kentucky.[/quote']

EXACTLY...the kid never wrestled six minuites, what happens when he wrestles at 112 where the kids WILL BE just as strong, I guarantee the kid that pushes him in the third period and puts his heart into those six minuites it WILL BE victorious.

Well, with Caleb going 19 this year, it doesn't leave much at the 112 pound weight class, other than last years 103's. I think it would of been great if Sullivan were able to match up against some of last years 'stand-outs' at 112. He was a monster at 3, but i don't think he would be as a 12 pounder with last years competition. However, most of them have grown into 19 pounders, so could Sullivan be preparing for another undefeated year (in Kentucky at least). I don't think any of the last years 3's that are going 12 this year can touch Sullivan, so it is very possible. I think it would be very entertaining to watch Wood and Sullivan square off in the state finals this year, although I think Wood would be the decisive victor..however, this is all just my opinion.