Sign in to follow this  
High C

Best "Off Season" Camp

The team camp at Michigan is great if you can take a whole team. You get 4 team dules every day, and they run an individual tournament at night. Their arre lots of tough team from all over. Teams from Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Minnesota, Florida, Neveda, and many more.

The Jeff Jordan camp is supposed to be a good one. Message Mr. Granby and ask him about it.

Jeff Jordan's is good only if you can handle it. Make sure you are state-placing material before you attend it, or you'll find yourself way out of your league most likely.

Is the Jeff Jordan camp a freestyle/greco camp, or a folkstyle camp.  Because if it is folkstyle I might consider attending it this summer.

There are 17 folkstyle camps over the summer, and I got a letter in the mail earlier in the week saying there were starting a freestyle camp in the spring. This camp attracts the top notch competition in the nation, and from all around. We had kids from Texas, California, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, West Virginia, Virginia, Illinois, Ohio, South Carolina, Indiana, and a few others (I think Montana? Maybe Idaho?) There were only 3 kids from KY including me at the week I went to, and they were Brian Peace and Mason Reid. The best from each state go to this. You can be denied entry to the camp if Coach Jordan doesn't think you are qualified enough. There is, however, I think 2 earlier weeks that are for the less experienced, but still average.

All in all, best competition in the nation goes here, with the best kids from around the nation, great counselors, and even most of the St. Paris Graham wrestling team, which is generally top 3 in the nation every year. I highly suggest it, teaches you the best takedowns you can learn, makes you master them, and it shows you that you can accomplish more than you ever believed physically.

The team camp at Michigan is great if you can take a whole team. You get 4 team dules every day, and they run an individual tournament at night. Their arre lots of tough team from all over. Teams from Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Minnesota, Florida, Neveda, and many more.

do you have any info or know where i can find some because it seems like a good camp

Another really good camp in clarksville tn. is the all results camp. it is a week long camp with john smith, cael sanderson, indiana's coach and a few more. there is also a rumor that dan gable will be there this up comeing summer.

One great camp to go to is the University of the Cumberlands camp.  National camp Andy Meddors, Pac 10 Champ Matt Ellis, National Champ Delrico Choates, All Americans Brad Cooper, Eric Flinchum, and Todd Allen are great instructors.  Another plus is that it is an in-state camp and they love to support Kentucky Wrestling.  For more info- http://www.ucumberlands.edu/athletics/wrestling/mens/camps/

1st you need to decide on if you want to go to a specialty camp that focuses only on FS and GR or takedown camp, training, team camp, folkstyle etc.  Some camps are good, some are not, all are in it for one thing $$$.

2nd if you are or think you are collegiate material, decide on what colleges interest you, and go there so you can be seen. 

My recommendation is to go to intermatwrestle.com, revwrestling.com, amateurwrestlingnews.com, thewrestlingmall.com  tons of camp links.  do some research. 

The camp that will make a champ out of any dedicated wrestler is J-Robinson 28 day camp.  If you push yourself the whole way and don't allow for yourself to get negatives (you have to achieve a certain score by the end of camp to "graduate") you will become a state champ.  The camp trains you physically, mentally, and allows you to practice with top notch competition.  Only a fool will come out of the camp without gaining new technique.  The schedule when I went was:

6:00 - 7:00 in line for running (5 miles or more, bleachers, hills, carrying people, etc...)

9:00 - 11:00 technique training

1:00 - 3:00 hard wrestling practice (no water breaks, not breaking period - all hard wrestling or running)

5:00 - 7:00 hard wrestling practice

8:00 - 9:00 running / weight lifting

After 2 weeks you ran a 15 mile marathon and had to be done in less than 2 hrs.

Week three was normal again

week four was all messed up.  You had to be prepared for anything.  You showed up for every time frame with wrestling and running gear.  They may run you over to host a hard wrestling practice, or technique, or whatever they thought up.

If you truely desire to become a champion, go to the J-Robinson Intensive 28 day camp.  Push yourself beyond the wall the whole way through.  Notice how Minnisota is always in the top 10 for D1 in wrestling and look to win the championship this year.

The camp was designed after the ranger 56 day camp as J. Robinson was a ranger and knows how to train champions.

The camp that will make a champ out of any dedicated wrestler is J-Robinson 28 day camp.  If you push yourself the whole way and don't allow for yourself to get negatives (you have to achieve a certain score by the end of camp to "graduate") you will become a state champ.  The camp trains you physically, mentally, and allows you to practice with top notch competition.  Only a fool will come out of the camp without gaining new technique.  The schedule when I went was:

6:00 - 7:00 in line for running (5 miles or more, bleachers, hills, carrying people, etc...)

9:00 - 11:00 technique training

1:00 - 3:00 hard wrestling practice (no water breaks, not breaking period - all hard wrestling or running)

5:00 - 7:00 hard wrestling practice

8:00 - 9:00 running / weight lifting

After 2 weeks you ran a 15 mile marathon and had to be done in less than 2 hrs.

Week three was normal again

week four was all messed up.  You had to be prepared for anything.  You showed up for every time frame with wrestling and running gear.  They may run you over to host a hard wrestling practice, or technique, or whatever they thought up.

If you truely desire to become a champion, go to the J-Robinson Intensive 28 day camp.  Push yourself beyond the wall the whole way through.  Notice how Minnisota is always in the top 10 for D1 in wrestling and look to win the championship this year.

The camp was designed after the ranger 56 day camp as J. Robinson was a ranger and knows how to train champions.

I also heard bad things about this camp... I heard that if you lose any weight then they sit u out until you can get your weight back up, and the guys that I talked to had to sit out two to three days at a time. thats not how I want to spend my money