Sign in to follow this  

Jordyn vs Jayden Raney

Jordyn and Jayden Raney faced off in the 60 KG finals of U17 Freestyle WTT with Jordyn coming out on top. It got me thinking, was this the first time the 2 have competed against one another? Sorry if this is a dumb question and it has happened a lot in the previous years. I can't imagine the emotions that family must be dealing with. Silver lining is that Jayden won 55 KG in GR but im sure they would have loved to had both boys competing in both styles. 

As always hats off to that family and thanks to them for representing Kentucky wrestling to the highest degree.

This reminds me of Trent and Travis Paulsen maybe ten years ago.  They had been dancing around facing each other by going different weights and one going frrestyle with the other going Greco, but it never worked out.  Finally they just decided to enter the same style and weight.

It has to be tough being parents of such diligent people competing for the same thing.  I look forward to watching the Raneys for a couple more decades!