Sign in to follow this  
Superfly

Who suprised you this year and who will at state

*I like Cookie Dough Ice Cream

* His name is the umbrella man Duh!

* I think they could fit 20 if they are small grapes but 15 big

*sherberty(its a mix i made up.....with french fries in it)

*and his name is al capone

*2 grapes

Who and what team has suprised you this year and make a run for state :mrgreen:

Region 5 as a whole will surprise some people this year I think. Fern Creek isn't going to surprise anyone, we already know they are a top-tier, championship caliber team. However, outside of that I don't think many people give that much respect to the other Region 5 teams. South Oldham is always ready to go at state, and their wrestlers seem to wrestle well when it's all on the line. Eastern has some kids on their team who haven't been wrestling all season, so they haven't made a name for themselves yet but will at state. North Oldham has some very solid wrestlers who are just starting to put their team's name on the map, and will step it up to let everyone know that their team will be getting better every year until they are a top 10 team. Oldham County has a stud at 135, and I feel people are starting to forget about their HWT Josh Young, whose quickness and experience will really start to show at state. Plus, they've got other wrestlers who are on the cusp of being recognized by everyone as contenders, they've just missed tournaments here and there. I think overall, Region 5 is going to surprise a lot of people this year and be the second best region in the state once its all said and done.

and u all r saying Woodford County wrestlers are sore winners, when everyone n the crowd is cheering against them??? i think its kinda messed up how people dont care who the kid is, they hope he loses just bc he has WC on his chest...

That's what I have issues with.  I understand that there are some bad eggs at Woodford, just as there are on most teams.  Always have been and always will be.  And it makes it easier to justify hating Woodford when those kids show their true colors.  I understand being competitive, but I say that you are sinking just as low as those bad eggs if you can boo or cheer the loss of any wrestler just because he is wearing a Woodford County singlet.  I'm sure they have just as many good kids in their wrestling room as any team in the state.

That's what I have issues with.  I understand that there are some bad eggs at Woodford, just as there are on most teams.  Always have been and always will be.  And it makes it easier to justify hating Woodford when those kids show their true colors.  I understand being competitive, but I say that you are sinking just as low as those bad eggs if you can boo or cheer the loss of any wrestler just because he is wearing a Woodford County singlet.  I'm sure they have just as many good kids in their wrestling room as any team in the state.

i agree with that statement with a little bit of a opened window for the booing and cheering to occur i say your fans can if your in a tight run for state with the opposing team that your booing or cherring

OKAY, for anyone that does not like to die their hair blonde, and the ones that do, I think N. Hardin will be a surprise, WC and Larue will have them knocking          The Topic is: SURPRISE us this year, not complain this year, jeez!

Why are we talking about this when we could be talking about much more important matters like:

*Your favorite flavor of ice cream

*What is that guys name in all the P Diddy videos that carries the umbrella

*How many grapes do you think the average alpacha can fit in it's mouth

Woodford is a great team. I used to not like them and it took a while for me to get to the point where I could admit my respect for them. Some people like them, some hate them, some don't feel strongly either way toward them. Every team is like that. Everyone seems to want to talk about why or why not they do or don't like Woodford Co and why they think other people do or don't like them. I thought the topic was "Who suprised you this year and who will at state", not "Why don't people like Woodford Co".

I like Turtle Tracks Ice Cream

The guy w/the umbrellas name is Farnsworth Bentley

Alphacas dont even like grapes!

I like Turtle Tracks Ice Cream

The guy w/the umbrellas name is Farnsworth Bentley

Alphacas dont even like grapes!

How do you know? Are you an alpacha? If you are, sir, then I respectfully ask that you never post on this site again due to your bias Llama-like position on Kentucky wrestling matters. Thank you...and yes that is some good ice cream. :-D

Most people have counted woodford out because of there low performances in duals this year, but overall, they are more a tournament team, because they have a few indivuals that will go all the way and win it.  I think that they will most likely take home the state title this year.

Most people have counted woodford out because of there low performances in duals this year, but overall, they are more a tournament team, because they have a few indivuals that will go all the way and win it.  I think that they will most likely take home the state title this year.

like it does every year. last year don't forget they also got runner up at state to larue county and everyone thought it would be an upset at state when larue won it. i don't even think larue came close to winning it at all, especially since woodford broke the most points ever scored at the state tournament that year. i look for this year to be the same as last.

like it does every year. last year don't forget they also got runner up at state to larue county and everyone thought it would be an upset at state when larue won it. i don't even think larue came close to winning it at all, especially since woodford broke the most points ever scored at the state tournament that year. i look for this year to be the same as last.

Correction: they had the 4th highest point total

South Oldham (2003) 257.5

Campbell Co (2004) 234.0

Woodford Co (2002) 233.5

Woodford (2006) 230.0