wrestler010

Dragon Invitational 175-190

Obviously we saw what will be a state finals match at the Dragon. Kiser with the 8-3 decision over Virzi. Thoughts? Also saw lots of top 10 action at 190 as well. 190 results could look very similar to the state podium. 175 also looks interesting with James dropping, Duke back in action. Would like to see the Duke Strayer rematch. 

8 hours ago, wrestler010 said:

Obviously we saw what will be a state finals match at the Dragon. Kiser with the 8-3 decision over Virzi. Thoughts? Also saw lots of top 10 action at 190 as well. 190 results could look very similar to the state podium. 175 also looks interesting with James dropping, Duke back in action. Would like to see the Duke Strayer rematch. 

Kiser beat Virzi twice last year I think then lost in the finals. From a coaching perspective I wouldn’t want to wrestle that match this close to state. From a fan perspective it’s great. But it will come down to the draw. They could meet in the semis. 

I still think Ricketts is the man at 175. James looks good. Davis pinned Strayer last year and seems like he has beat him a few times (middle school state). 

10 hours ago, PPmothman said:

Kiser beat Virzi twice last year I think then lost in the finals. From a coaching perspective I wouldn’t want to wrestle that match this close to state. From a fan perspective it’s great. But it will come down to the draw. They could meet in the semis. 

I still think Ricketts is the man at 175. James looks good. Davis pinned Strayer last year and seems like he has beat him a few times (middle school state). 

Joshua beat Davis before Middle School State and then lost to him in overtime on a sketchy call, but still lost. At semi state last year Joshua controlled the match and beat him and Duke. At State Joshua took a lazy , lousy shot and paid for it, but again yes he did lose. Just offering perspective cause at the end of the day he still has to wrestle the match and I will never speak in absolutes since i'm not the one in the circle. I'm happy to see Duke back and healthy and I think Soeder is back which is a great addition to the field although he wrestled 190 at the Dragon. These boys have battled through injuries and its good to see them back for their Senior year!

• Like 1