Sign in to follow this  
Guest ZachRichardson3

Best 103?

Who do you think the best 103 lb. is?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think the best 103 lb. is?

• Elliot Martin [Seneca]
    • Bobby Vaughn [SK]
    • Brandon Whitehouse [SO]
    • Taylor South [NO]
    • Tommy Warren [FC]

Its funny how everyone says that Elliot is so great, but say that Sullivan should wrestle up so colleges will start to notice him. Isnt Sullivan a Junior this year also? Or is Elliot not in the same league as Sullivan?

for your info elliott cuts no weight at all. he has a medical condition that effects his growth, he had to work very hard just to get up to weight. Yeah he is in the same league as sullivan, he will be working hard this summer to get up to 119. dont shoot off your mouth when you dont know the story

Elliot Martin is the best but if there is talk about a lot of others on here,  mabey we should talk about Saylers (Johnson Central) and Kincer (Letcher Co.) 

Guest cmccoy

Shawn Johnson beat Taylor South twice and was leading Warren from Fern Creek 3-2 before getting caught in a four point move as time ran out. He lsot to Whitehouse 6-5 at the Five Star so he is improving. I think he should be on the board also.

Johnson and south only wrestled once i believe and south lost by two or something like that a rematch could change it around

i agree. taylor south has the ability to beat anyone he wants. he worked hard to get down to 103 from waht ive heard. i know he will do well in regionals and he will place at state.

i agree. taylor south has the ability to beat anyone he wants. he worked hard to get down to 103 from waht ive heard. i know he will do well in regionals and he will place at state.

I'm all for being confident in your teammates (or yourself), but to say he can beat anyone he wants and he will place at state is a mouthful.  A lot can happen at 103 with so many young guys, but right now he looks to be #3 in the region which means he will have to earn that medal.  I'm not saying he can't do it, but there are at least a dozen pretty good wrestlers that he will have to beat out for it.

I'm all for being confident in your teammates (or yourself), but to say he can beat anyone he wants and he will place at state is a mouthful.  A lot can happen at 103 with so many young guys, but right now he looks to be #3 in the region which means he will have to earn that medal.  I'm not saying he can't do it, but there are at least a dozen pretty good wrestlers that he will have to beat out for it.

well said.

I think Jarvis Elam will be in the top 4 at state. Martin is the best 103 I have seen so far. Myron Bradbury should be on that list. He's really good, beaten Elam two times in overtime. It's Elam's third year of wrestling too. He has been behind both the Carr brothers for his first two years in wrestling.

well said.

well he is a very good wrestler. i know elliot martin will take first and when i said he can beat anyone i was saying pretty much anyone if he has the right chance. that was pretty stupid to say he can beat anybody because there are plenty of wrestlers that are better than him. and elliot martin is by far the best.

If memory serves me correctly, Warren pinned South in the first period last week @ North Oldham. Elliot is definately the 103 to beat, and if you can make Bradbury move on top, he is vulnerable to anyone. Havent seen many of the top six wrestle this year, but as long as Sullivan stays @ 112, Elliot is the man.

If memory serves me correctly, Warren pinned South in the first period last week @ North Oldham. Elliot is definately the 103 to beat, and if you can make Bradbury move on top, he is vulnerable to anyone. Havent seen many of the top six wrestle this year, but as long as Sullivan stays @ 112, Elliot is the man.

I agree Elliot will most likely take state.  I have seen South wrestle several of the top six this year.  He typically runs close to with them until he does one of two things.  1.  He tries to put in some stupid tilt with while riding the legs and gets pulled under or stepped over.  2.  He falls over on his back for a weak half or wing. 

As soon as he is on his back he gets pinned. 

If (and I agree this is a big if), If he works basics, or solid leg rides on top and learns to move on bottom, he can beat the majority of the top six.

If (and I agree this is a big if), If he works basics, or solid leg rides on top and learns to move on bottom, he can beat the majority of the top six.

Yes and if all of the jv kids around the state work all of the basics and move on the bottom and miraculously become great wrestlers we won't recognize any of the kids at region and state because all of the ranked kids will lose their wrestle-offs.  What is that supposed to mean?

CC - get Boodry ready for state!!!  Sorry Billy, I guess you're out.

Yes and if all of the jv kids around the state work all of the basics and move on the bottom and miraculously become great wrestlers we won't recognize any of the kids at region and state because all of the ranked kids will lose their wrestle-offs.  What is that supposed to mean?

CC - get Boodry ready for state!!!

haha

What my comment meant is that South is a good wrestler, and has shown quite well on his feet.  He needs to learn to move better on bottom (he is already quite a bit better than most jvs) and stick to solid moves on top instead of trying to be like the Zeppas on his team.  Even the Zeppas have moved on from weaker leg rides like guilitine and splits to power halves or getting out of the legs and running a simple spiral ride.

Anyway, you seem to have your favorites rather than giving each individual a fair shake.  We all appreciate your perspective on seedings.  I personally believe that Coomes and his gurus have done a better job.

What my comment meant is that South is a good wrestler, and has shown quite well on his feet.  He needs to learn to move better on bottom (he is already quite a bit better than most jvs) and stick to solid moves on top instead of trying to be like the Zeppas on his team.  Even the Zeppas have moved on from weaker leg rides like guilitine and splits to power halves or getting out of the legs and running a simple spiral ride.

Anyway, you seem to have your favorites rather than giving each individual a fair shake.  We all appreciate your perspective on seedings.  I personally believe that Coomes and his gurus have done a better job.

Please enlighten me on who my favorites are and who I refuse to give a fair shake to?

Your so funny lol

South hasn't beaten anybody of any significance, I don't understand why this thread has turned into a discussion about south. He may have potential, but so do many other wrestlers. He doesn't come close to any of the top at 103, he will not place this year, period.

South hasn't beaten anybody of any significance, I don't understand why this thread has turned into a discussion about south. He may have potential, but so do many other wrestlers. He doesn't come close to any of the top at 103, he will not place this year, period.

Thats an Agressive comment

Please enlighten me on who my favorites are and who I refuse to give a fair shake to?

I wish I had time to look through you posts as I have seen this over and over.  However, since I don't have time, off the top of my head is the following:

Favorites:

Ranger you are doing a wonderful Job,  do not pay attention to the other haters.  You have to win that is the bottom line and then the last rankings will take care of themselves.  you do a wonderful job and I believe it help a hole heck of a lot more than it hurts.  so Thank you and keep up the good work.

i have to disagree. i think he will place. im not saying it will be high, but he will place, i have a feeling. we all know who the number one spot is going to and thats elliot martin. and last time i checked south was ranked on KHSAA. Im not sure now... We'll have to see when the latest rankings are out... Does anybody know when?

South is a tough wrestler.. but he is not good enough to place if he does it will be because his draw.. unless he gets amazingly better.. he is tough but there are alot of kids fighting for a spot, and he isnt with that group really