Sign in to follow this  
Raiders Wrestling

6-matches a day

So I was just wondering how many if anyone was looking to take advantage of the new 6 matches a day limit instead of 5. I think this is a great new rule to get kids ready for possible post season limit but I havent seen any yet for the duals in upcoming year. Thoughts

I'm not sure this is a good thing during the season.  We as a wrestling community have been trying to reduce the time spent at events.  Now that that there is a 6 match rule, tournaments have the ability to be larger and in increase the time at those tournaments.  16 man tournaments will probably be more popular now that the 6 man rule is now allowed.  

17 hours ago, grappler-of-old said:

I'm not sure this is a good thing during the season.  We as a wrestling community have been trying to reduce the time spent at events.  Now that that there is a 6 match rule, tournaments have the ability to be larger and in increase the time at those tournaments.  16 man tournaments will probably be more popular now that the 6 man rule is now allowed.  

I do not disagree with you on the long days. We do very few individual tourneys just because of this reason. In saying that I do one or two each year just so when the kids get to post season its not something totally new to them. In saying that I think its hard on kids to do 6 matches in a day in post season when they have never done it before and everything is on the line. As for duals I can have 6 dual matches in with the new 30min wait and be done by 4 or 4:30 at the latest. I know with 5 we are usually done at 2 or 3 and the kids will be used to wrestling 6. So that I am for if we could have 6 in post season. 

Per the NFHS rule book…The modified rule change (1-4-4) to allow six matches in a day was for meet management during one-day tournaments only. This rule change is not to encourage more matches in a season. 

On 10/9/2023 at 11:58 AM, thegreatgatsby said:

Per the NFHS rule book…The modified rule change (1-4-4) to allow six matches in a day was for meet management during one-day tournaments only. This rule change is not to encourage more matches in a season. 

Can also only have 10 matches in a 2 day period