Sign in to follow this  
lfhspridewrestling

State Duels

- When will we know the pools for state duels?

- Which teams do y'all think will get seeded?

- Any one got any predictions on top 3 teams?

The four pools will not be selected until Saturday morning prior to the actual start. Theoretically, the top two teams out of each region comprise the four pools; however, you usually have some no-shows due to travel expenses...etc...The coaches meet and decide seedings, pools, etc....(might be a very interesting meeting, usually is!). If you assume standings for example:

Region 1 - (will probably only have Union, if they decide to come), someone enlighten us.

Region 2 - Larue #1, North Hardin #2 (both of these teams should place well here, but North should have the tougher pool)

Region 3 - Sorry guys, I don't know whose represeting if anyone, perhaps Bullitt Central (just a guess)

Region 4 - Help

Region 5 - Help

Region 6 - Help (In the past, sometimes more than two schools represent because of noshows by Region 1 and Region 3)

Region 7 - Dunbar #1, Woodford #2 (and usually the host school Henry Clay)

Region 8 - Wayne and either Johnson Central or Sheldon Clark or maybe McQ.

Sorry to be so uninformed, but honestly I haven't kept up with the team standings in each region this year, but I figured if I posted this, we may get good information. My best estimate for a sixteen team duals would be:

Union

Larue

North Hardin

Trinity

Fern Creek

St. X

South Oldham

Simon Kenton

Campbell Co.

Ryle

Dunbar

Woodford

Hanry Clay

Wayne

Johnson Central

Sheldon Clark

Not official, just a guess based on the past.

region four

1st seneca

2nd trinity

region five

1st fern creek

2nd south oldham

I heard that henry clay will not be able to wrestle because all sixteen region teams will be making an appearance this year, and that there will be no available wildcards since region 3 is coming this year, is this true?

I believe region 6 will send

1. Ryle

2. Campbell Co.

Simon Kenton was the qualifier for the state duals but they have another tourney they would prefer to attend.

The NKAC (Which selects the state dual contenders) had a three way tie for 2nd.

6-2 record  Simon Kenton defeated Campbell Co.

6-2 record  Campbell Co. defeated Scott

6-2 record  Scott defeated Simon Kenton

(All three lost to Ryle)

After criteria the placements went

1. Ryle

2. Simon Kenton

3. Campbell Co.

4. Scott

5. Dixie

6. Conner

7. Newport

8. Holmes

region four

1st seneca

2nd trinity

region five

1st fern creek

2nd south oldham

I heard that henry clay will not be able to wrestle because all sixteen region teams will be making an appearance this year, and that there will be no available wildcards since region 3 is coming this year, is this true?

Thanks #1 (I don't know how I could have left Seneca off since they are usually there, Pappy's gettin' a little addled in his senior years!). Thanks grap for clearing us up on Region 6 as well, never sure about their standings or how they arrive at them.

If the above teams are all attending State Duals, the 215 weight class will be stacked:

Winter from Dunbar, Dockery from Seneca, Chaney from Fern Creek, Baker from North Hardin, Shipp from Larue, Hartman from South Oldham, Griggs from Union County, and Whiting from Trinity if he is cleared to wrestle yet.  Too bad Green, Dials, Watson, and Nickel won't be there, because it would look like the regular state tournament then. 

If the above teams are all attending State Duals, the 215 weight class will be stacked:

Winter from Dunbar, Dockery from Seneca, Chaney from Fern Creek, Baker from North Hardin, Shipp from Larue, Hartman from South Oldham, Griggs from Union County, and Whiting from Trinity if he is cleared to wrestle yet.  Too bad Green, Dials, Watson, and Nickel won't be there, because it would look like the regular state tournament then. 

Representing Region 8 will be:

Sheldon Clark

Wayne County

So Dials will be there this weekend.

Email sent by Steve Fizer

2007 KENTUCKY DUAL STATE WRESTLING CHAMPIONSHIP

18TH Annual Kentucky Dual State Wrestling Championship

Henry Clay High School, Lexington, KY

Saturday, January 27, 2007

16 Teams

Weigh-ins start at 8:00 AM

Seeding meeting immediately after weigh-ins

1st round action begins at 9:30 AM

$65 entry fee, made payable to Kentucky Wrestling Coaches Association

Scheduling of Matches

This means there will be 9 of the top 12 215 pounders in attendance, should be interesting to see who gets to wrestle who! will there be any other weights that are as stacked as 215 at state duels?