Sign in to follow this  
Nike Man

''Twas the night before State

''Twas the night before State, and all through the house, everyone was excited, including a mouse. 

The conditioning was done with care, hoping with the training, a State Championship would soon be there.

The athletes, were all snuggled in bed, dreams of the gold medal, running through their head.

Referees, waiting for the coaches' jawing, the wrestlers hoping to not get called for stalling. 

Moms and Dads, hoping for the best, all of the coaches are worrying about the rest.

In just two days, it will all be done, but at the end of the day, all of the parents will be proud of their son.

To all I wish the very best, now off to bed, you need your rest.

• Upvote 2

I've always explained to people who don't understand, that the night before State always keeps me up like a kid the night before Christmas. I love this time of year. I love seeing old friends. I can't wait for the next two days!! Good luck to everyone. Safe traveling and prayers for all.

• Upvote 1

My wife is thinking she is getting sick. I just had to have the talk with her. I'm leaving your sick ass at home, I'm going to state!!!!!

• Upvote 1