Sign in to follow this  
supernat

Random Draw Table is out

2 hours ago, DrBaker said:

Johnson vs Sheffer on Friday night is a fail. 

Unless they changed the format, the quarters should be first thing Saturday morning, has it changed?

21 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Not looking for a fight, just a clarification of your opinion because it seems to be ambiguous.  You quoted me first, criticizing me for "complaining" when I stated my opinion about seeding the regional tournaments.  You could have just moved on or stated yours about the topic instead of criticizing others for voicing theirs, in this case one that Coach Teater himself said that many coaches agree with me about.  Meanwhile I have stayed on topic and haven't descended to condescending statements such as "little man syndrome" or "sweetie," a better indication of someone looking for a fight in my opinion.

You are correct in that you didn't "insist" specifically that regional tournaments should be seeded all the way through, but you did give "kudos to all the coaches that dedicate their time to our boys and girls and spent the extra time to seed all the way through."  If I misinterpreted that statement to mean that you think they should be seeded all the way out then I apologize, and mean it.  Since we're several posts into this topic now... what is your position on seeding the regional tournaments all the way out?

Good job sweetie, you did find evidence that seems to support your observation of the contradiction. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Zeus said:

Not looking for a fight, just a clarification of your opinion because it seems to be ambiguous.  You quoted me first, criticizing me for "complaining" when I stated my opinion about seeding the regional tournaments.  You could have just moved on or stated yours about the topic instead of criticizing others for voicing theirs, in this case one that Coach Teater himself said that many coaches agree with me about.  Meanwhile I have stayed on topic and haven't descended to condescending statements such as "little man syndrome" or "sweetie," a better indication of someone looking for a fight in my opinion.

You are correct in that you didn't "insist" specifically that regional tournaments should be seeded all the way through, but you did give "kudos to all the coaches that dedicate their time to our boys and girls and spent the extra time to seed all the way through."  If I misinterpreted that statement to mean that you think they should be seeded all the way out then I apologize, and mean it.  Since we're several posts into this topic now... what is your position on seeding the regional tournaments all the way out?

My opinion on regional seeding is that it is what it is.  If it's done all the way through, great.  Kudos to them. If it's not, great.  Kudos to them.  Either way is OK with me.  My response to your original post on the subject was the ridiculousness behind you're gripping about it to begin with.  If you gripe about everything nothing gets heard.  Pick and chose your battles wisely.  As for ambiguity on my part, I'm a bit confused.  I've been very clear with my statements.   You're the one  saying your words mean something other then what they mean literally.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, REscalera said:

"My opinion on regional seeding is that it is what it is.  If it's done all the way through, great.  Kudos to them. If it's not, great.  Kudos to them.  Either way is OK with me.  My response to your original post on the subject was the ridiculousness behind you're gripping about it to begin with.  If you gripe about everything nothing gets heard.  Pick and chose your battles wisely.  As for ambiguity on my part, I'm a bit confused.  I've been very clear with my statements.   You're the one  saying your words mean something other then what they mean literally.  

"It is what it is"...That's the LITERAL definition of ambiguous. 

I wouldn't call my original opinion griping, more of a disagreement and asking why something is done the way it is.  The message boards were created so that people could discuss things, giving them an opportunity to state their opinions about various topics.  I'm certainly active on the site but don't consider my opinions complaining.  Examples of that would be some of the people on the rankings thread who can't understand why a certain wrestler is ranked where he is and are upset/outraged by it.

Your statements individually have been clear, but when compared to each other, at least on this topic, they seemed to be contradictory.  Thank you for clarifying, good luck to your son.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, trick_wilk said:

"It is what it is"...That's the LITERAL definition of ambiguous. 

Haha that's funny!  Nice try.  An ambiguous statement is one that is open for debate or has 2 meanings.  It is what it is is neither of those.  It is what it is is indifference not ambiguity 

13 minutes ago, REscalera said:

Haha that's funny!  Nice try.  An ambiguous statement is one that is open for debate or has 2 meanings.  It is what it is is neither of those.  It is what it is is indifference not ambiguity 

Vague and Uncertain
am·bi·gu·i·ty
ˌambəˈɡyo͞owədē/
noun

1. the quality of being open to more than one interpretation; inexactness.
    "we can detect no ambiguity in this section of the Act"
    synonyms: vagueness, obscurity, abstruseness, doubtfulness, uncertainty;

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, trick_wilk said:
Vague and Uncertain
am·bi·gu·i·ty
ˌambəˈɡyo͞owədē/
noun

1. the quality of being open to more than one interpretation; inexactness.
    "we can detect no ambiguity in this section of the Act"
    synonyms: vagueness, obscurity, abstruseness, doubtfulness, uncertainty;

OK Dude, you're good for the funny bone. chuckle chuckle.  How in the world does "it is what it is" meet this definition?   It is neither vague nor uncertain.  What it does show though is a lack of interest.  It is what it is shows little concern for what it is.  That's indifference.  OK, enough of this.  Let's get back to the state tournament.  I'll give you free vocabulary lessons during the off-season.      

• Upvote 3