Sign in to follow this  
hotlava

Region 7 Tournament

I believe the points aspect works like this, but am not 100% certain... an illegal move, such as a slam or full nelson, warrants the opposing wrestler a penalty point.  The second time is another point, the third time is two points, and the fourth time the offending wrestler is disqualified.

If wrestler A hits an illegal move, most commonly a slam, and wrestler B can't continue then wrestler A is disqualified no matter the score.  If wrestler B is losing badly, sometimes their coach will have their wrestler continue for just a second and then forfeit because of injury, so that wrestler A can advance because he's clearly better, but sometimes they don't.  However this is not required and is certainly a classy move on the coach's part.

The kid I guess was hurt or wind knocked out of him but went on and wrestled 2nd round. Call was up by like 4 or 5 pts I think. I just want to know what made the slam illegal so I can let him know why it was but all I have is live feed video on Facebook lol.

16 minutes ago, Trell9998 said:

The kid I guess was hurt or wind knocked out of him but went on and wrestled 2nd round. Call was up by like 4 or 5 pts I think. I just want to know what made the slam illegal so I can let him know why it was but all I have is live feed video on Facebook lol.

Slams are a judgement call. I did see the one you are referring to and in my opinion it was an illegal slam. When he makes the lift, its his job to bring him down in a safe way. It has to be controlled and the one on bottom needs to be able to protect themselve.    Just my 2 cents

17 minutes ago, coachteater said:

Slams are a judgement call. I did see the one you are referring to and in my opinion it was an illegal slam. When he makes the lift, its his job to bring him down in a safe way. It has to be controlled and the one on bottom needs to be able to protect themselve.    Just my 2 cents

Thanks, yeah you had front row seats lol...I'll tell him, it's his first year so still learning. I've heard 3-4 different reasons why.