Sign in to follow this  
Fighting irish

Tate's Creek Invitational

Any good match ups this Friday at the TCI?  Looking forward to seeing Huston and Brown.  The next few weeks will give an indication on who may be dropping weight classes.  Thoughts?

Tates Creek Invitational 

Anderson co.
Bedford North Lawrence  (IN)
Bryan Station 
Cooper
Covington Holmes
Danville
East Jessamine 
Franklin co.
Harrison co. 
Madison Central
Madison Southern
Perry Meridian (Var. B.  (IN)
Prestonsburg 
Ryle 
Spring Valley (WV)
Tates Creek 
Western Hills 
West Jessamine 

From what I heard, Spring Valley did well at the Gladiator.  I also assume perry meridian will be very tough for a b team, their varsity is a top 10 team in Indiana 

thanks to all the teams, spectators, Tates creek Parents, and everyone else who helped make this a great day. some really great wrestling today and great to see some tough out of state teams. I posted results in results forum, but here they are too.

106-145 mow- Michael Mattox 

152-285 mow- Brady Gibson

My apologies,  Mattox was mow, it was a long day. Very tight between them and mccmanus

TCI Brackets.pdf

TCI Team Points.pdf

• Upvote 1

Very well ran tournament, I  have to agree with you hotlava.  I think Ryan McManus (145)  had an awesome tournament.  Knocked off the 1st and 2nd Seed to win his weight class...MOW performance for sure in my opinion.  No disrespect intended for the selection of Michael Mattox he too had a great tournament.  

Edited by BootsN
error
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BootsN said:

Very well ran tournament, I  have to agree with you hotlava.  I think Ryan McManus (145)  had an awesome tournament.  Knocked off the 1st and 2nd Seed to win his weight class...MOW performance for sure in my opinion.  No disrespect intended for the selection of Thomas Deck, he too had a great tournament.  

I took agree with McManus as a mow. The voting was within a couple pts for all three. Some outstanding wrestling in many classes today

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, BootsN said:

Very well ran tournament, I  have to agree with you hotlava.  I think Ryan McManus (145)  had an awesome tournament.  Knocked off the 1st and 2nd Seed to win his weight class...MOW performance for sure in my opinion.  No disrespect intended for the selection of Thomas Deck, he too had a great tournament.  

I messed up, mattox got it. It was a long day and my mind was not thinking

1 hour ago, ukpridewrestler11 said:

So did the Blaze Lowery kid, he knocked off the #1,2 seeds by fall.

Yes he did. Didnt see much cause I was running it, but perry meridian was loaded, and it was their b team. 

• Upvote 1

In the "c'mon man" category for the day...Prestonsburg vs Perry Meridian Hvy weight match. Double dq for stalling! What tha what?!?! 

Hey ref, they are heavy weights....c' mon man!!!

• Upvote 1