FalconWrestling

Region 1 Rankings 12/9

Ok so you guys had to wait long enough here's the latest batch. One of the toughest things this part of the year is balancing where a guy has been wrestling vs where I eventually expect them to wrestle. KoB this weekend should give us a slightly better idea of where people plan on going in regards to weight classes. Those of us who coach know that we are constantly bouncing kids around at duals. There are some tough kids who are currently in the wrong weight class and have a position that does not reflect their eventual finish, these will of course be rectified as the year goes on. Also if I missed a result, especially from last year, be sure to call me out on it so I can fix the rankings.

1. Zeke Escelera, Union County
2. Keaton Elliot, Calloway County
3. Dylan Walls, Caldwell County
4. Caige Clark, Ohio County
5. Gage Fowler, Christian County
6. Nathanial Jenkins, McCracken County

As of this week outside of Escelera, who can wrestle just about anyone in the country, the cupboard at 106 seems a little bare. That said Elliot is a tough wrestler and Walls has huge upside but the shadow of Daniel Knight hangs over everyone. Once he is down we have a matchup similar to the sort of region/state battles we saw with Austin and Blackwell where we watch the two best in the state match up several times.

1. Austin Grant-Hall, Christian County
2. Gabe Adams, Union County
3. Eli Peyton, McCracken County
4. Colin Walls, Caldwell County
5. Max Dubois, Hoptown
6. Zander Bunch, Ohio County

There is a lot of young talent at this weight right now with potential of more talent dropping in. Grant-Hall is of course a middle schooler I've made clear I am extremely impressed with but Adams is more than a worthy threat. 3rd and down is currently a battle between 5 kids with Trigg's Futrell the odd man out as of this batch of rankings. Also of note is just a week or so ago I was talking to my girlfriend's family in Ohio County about wrestlers we all knew such as Chase Boone, Ryan Bunch, Jordan Woolen, etc. I mentioned how there was still one more Bunch to go, the tiny one that used to one around the gym in a singlet.

1. Trevor Poague, Union County
2. Daniel Knight, Christian County
3. Devonta Turner, Trigg County
4. Ray Hamilton, Paducah Tilghman
5. Ethan Wells, UHA
6. Jack Probus, Ohio County

This is our first very tough weight class with good kids outside of the top four. I do think the weights stay this way for long. Knight I'd imagine is on the way down to 106 and Wells on the way down to 113. I gave Poague a slight edge but really it's arguably a five way battle with this particular group.

1. Dylan Martin, McCracken County
2. Payne Carr, Union County
3. Jakerion Merrit, Christian County
4. Isaac Aguier, Trigg County
5. Shane Grey, Ohio County
6. Riley Staton, UHA

I'm interested in the potential of this group. Dylan Martin was tough before but his growth under McCracken's new coaching staff is definitely something that deserves a close watch as McCracken looks to be the dark horse pick this year in the region. Payne has had another year to try and mature his body, the technical skill and talent is unquestionably there. I feel unsure with 3-5 but this is where I've placed them as of right now

1. Saul Ervin, Union County
2. Nick Dickerson, Calloway County
3. Ishmael Griffie, Christian County
4. David Conner, McCracken County
5. Damien Crisp, Fort Campbell
6. Brennan Rouse, Paducah Tilghman

This is an interesting weight in the sense that while Saul is easily the top guy in the region second place is currently a very close battle between Dickerson, Griffie, and Conner. Crisp and Rouse round out until people move into the weight class.

1. Bryce Sheffer, Union County
2. Cameron Dearmond, Hoptown
3. Hunter Vlach, McCracken County
4. Rey Vela, Fort Campbell
5. Joe Fernandez, Christian County

It was going to happen eventually but hit my first weight I couldn't fill out. I'm sure we will have far more than six here eventually but until then this is what I've got. Sheffer is far and away the leader here but Dearmond and Vlach can take matches at state

1. Chance Oxford, Union County
2. Louie Regaldo, Fort Campbell
3. Kestin McClain, McCracken County
4. Zlato Skuljan, Hoptown
5. Kaleb O'Campo, Caldwell County
6. Gavin English, Ohio County

This is a weight I expect people to drop away from but right now two high podium threats in Oxford and Regaldo lead the weight with a good chance Regaldo may cut to 138. McClain leads a solid remainder who are eying 2+ wins at state.

1. Micah Ervin, Union County
2. Justin Crabtree, Trigg County
3. Seth Slayton, Caldwell County
4. Jacob Kramer, Calloway County
5. Klemmer Nicodemus, Ohio County
6. Bailey Conley, Fort Campbell

Ervin can hang with just about anyone in the state and has some high expectations going in his freshman year. Outside of that it's a virtual free for all with seconds with nobody currently at this weight I would put more than a finger length's edge ahead of the man behind him.

1. Dylan Gray, Caldwell County
2. Jack Hanes, Calloway County
3. Corbin Ryder, Fort Campbell
4. Colin Stevens, Trigg County
5. Antonio Abren, Christian County
6. Trevor Tilley, McCracken County

With how insanely tough this weight class I fully expect 2-3 of the guys that can drop will drop especially considering the relative sparseness of 152. Gray is an outside state title threat at 152 or 160, Hanes and Ryder can both finish on the podium, and Stevens has an outside shot at the podium depending on match ups. Abren and Tilley are 2+ state win guys on a good day but are just trapped behind so many other tough wrestlers currently sitting at 160.

1. Diion Leavell, Christian County
2. Matthias Ervin, Union County
3. Kolby Morris, Hoptown
4. Ethan Tomerlin, Fort Campbell
5. John Predes, Caldwell County
6. Connor Hideg, McCracken County

The top four here I feel ok with albeit I expect a couple of these guys are dropping to another weight class. Outside of the top four I feel kind of stumped, well reasoned suggestions are welcome. Leavell and Ervin could have some decent fights if they both are at this weight. Tomerlin is an interesting wrestler to watch but is giving up a lot of weight at 170.

1. Avery Buckman, Union
2. Niko Bussell, Christian County
3. Katayvon Anthony, Hoptown
4. Colton Stoner, Trigg County
5. Logan Deasal, McCracken County
6. Dylan Bell, Calloway County

If this weight stays looking like this then we have a very interesting fight between a noted veteran in Buckman and a fast rising young star in Bussell. Outside of those two Anthony, Stoner, and Deasal could finish in any order and Bell is not far behind.

1. Ross Hicks, Union County
2. Kjauwan Major, Christian County
3. Raequan Lester, Paducah Tilghman
4. Nautica Bonds, McCracken County
5. Isac Predes, Caldwell County
6. Dylan Lynn, Ohio County

Hicks and Major are the big two at this weight and both want podium finishes. 195 being what it is you could argue they could shoot for a state title. Lester and Bonds are currently pretty equal in that 3rd place spot but we will see if anyone drops in or if one of the two pulls ahead.

1. Chance Orr, Paducah Tilghman
2. David Woods, Calloway County
3. Markus Green, Christian County
4. Deion Lane, Hoptown
5. John Fuqua, Union County
6. Sean Robles, Fort Campbell

Until Culver is here Orr is basically untouched which is what you would expect from the state title favorite. The remaining bunch has some ability but isn't quite to Orr's (or Culver's) level. 

1. David Nikolao, Fort Campbell
2. Colby Culver, Calloway County
3. Payton Snyder, Union County
4. Gavynn Douglas, McCracken County
5. Michael Elkins, Christian County
6. Andrew Pottle, Ohio County

Heavyweight will need some fat boys rolling around a bit and pinning each other before we can see it's clear. Culver's stay at heavyweight is 99% likely to be a temporary stay as he is eyeing a state title at 220 competing against Orr. Nikolao has the talent, the skill, and the build the only question mark on him is health. But a 100% Nikolao, or even a 90% Nikolao is my pick for the state title at heavyweight.

Team Rankings

Coming Soon

Corbin Ryder at 160  has beaten top ranked man in Tennessee also Rey Vela at 138 has to be giving some respect his beaten some top ranked kids in Tennessee too

31 minutes ago, Hammer7 said:

Corbin Ryder at 160  has beaten top ranked man in Tennessee also Rey Vela at 138 has to be giving some respect his beaten some top ranked kids in Tennessee too

They are both in the top 4 of the region rankings, and Falcon knows more about Ft. Campbell than probably any other team in the region so I say he has did he due diligence and given the respect they need.